This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Sep-2017 03:21 Last Post By: vfwpost12074
vfwpost12074

Want Base to display Slide View with Thumbnails on top
Posted: 12-Sep-2017 03:37

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

For some reason the Base Skin shows all the thumbnails on web page for the view when I publish to my website. On the JAlbum desktop preview, it is showing the correct layout with the thumbnail breadcrumb path and slide at the bottom of the breadcrumb. How do I setup the skin to show the thumbnail breadcrumb on top and the slide at the bottom? Also, is there a way to setup a slideshow this way where the images on the thumbnail breadcrumb on the top and the bottom image move in sync at a certain time interval? Here is the link to my page of the site where the album is hosted:

http://www.vfw-chiangmai.org/p_album.html

Sorry, I didn't mention it earlier that I have two albums on the page. The In Our Memories album (the top album) is the album I am having problems with.

Edited by: jastanle84 on 12-Sep-2017 03:37

Edited by: jastanle84 on 12-Sep-2017 07:00
jGromit

Re: Want Base to display Slide View with Thumbnails on top
Posted: 12-Sep-2017 14:05   in response to: vfwpost12074 in response to: vfwpost12074

Attachment ss003235.png (175,9 KB)
The thumbstrip is showing above the slide image. If it's still showing below the slide image for you, or not showing the thumbstrip at all, you need to refresh your browser cache.

(BTW, a breadcrumb path is not the same thing as a thumbstrip - see screenshot.)

There is no option for a timed slideshow in the Base skin.
vfwpost12074

Posted: 12-Sep-2017 17:55   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I have flushed my browser cache at least 10 times in the browser I use regularly (Firefox). I also tried Chrome and I get the following screenshot. Can anybody else tell me what they are seeing from the website to verify I am not mad? I attached a screenshot of what I see from my every desktop in my household.
jGromit

Posted: 12-Sep-2017 18:29   in response to: vfwpost12074 in response to: vfwpost12074
Correct
Attachment ss003240.png (739,8 KB)
You're looking at the index page. Almost every jAlbum skin works like this. The top page of the album is an index page of just thumbnails. You click on a thumbnail, which then opens the full-sized slide image. The slide image may or may not have a thumbstrip with it, depending on the skin. When you close the slide image, you're back to the index page.

Clicking the second thumbnail on your album index page, for example, takes you to the slide page - see screenshot.

There are some skins that don't work this way. MatrixSlide, for example, produces only the slide images - there is no index page. But since there's no index page, it doesn't support folders at all (how would you get to the folder?). And Turtle has an option to skip the index page, so that a visitor is taken automatically to the first slide image.
vfwpost12074

Posted: 13-Sep-2017 03:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you jGromit. The MatrixSlide Skin was exactly what I was looking for. I was excellent that you introduced it to me. Now the album looks professional and useful.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums