This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Aug-2017 10:56 Last Post By: hspagnolo
hspagnolo

Generated links for comments by email - Facebook share
Posted: 22-Aug-2017 00:31

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Laza,

When receiving an email containing a comment sent from the image directly, this link allow to display directly the image when clicked, e.g.: http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/turtle/Animaux/slides/2017010100009.html.
But when the comment has been sent from the thumbnail page (by ticking the top left box), the link is: http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/turtle/Animaux/index.html#2017010100007.jpg, then when clicked, the full page is displayed and if the filename is not displayed on the page, impossible to know to which image it refers. Would it be possible to have the same link as if sent from the image?

I also see that when sharing to Facebook, sometime it is necessary to cancel the Facebook publication because the image (thumbnail) is not into the publication. Then cancel and restart solve the problem. Does this is Facebook problem?

Thanks and regards
Henri
Laza

Re: Generated links for comments by email - Facebook share
Posted: 22-Aug-2017 12:38   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

Yes, the email feedback was made with only the dynamic mode in mind. I will need to fix this later.

The sharing to Facebook (from the slide page) might be a problem if you have shared the same page before, and FB has cached the wrong page. Often it doesn't bother refreshing its cache, and you can only get a new scrape through the Facebook debugger.
hspagnolo

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 15:47   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi Laza,

Thanks for the email feedback fix that you will perform.

For Facebook, I will have a look to your link.

Best regards
Henri
hspagnolo

Posted: 26-Aug-2017 02:09   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi Laza,

Sorry, I come back with this Facebook share.

I still have the problem with the thumbnail not loading the first time the share occurs. (see the 2 snapshots). The first time the image is missing, then I press the cancel (Annuler) and I restart then it works.

I have searched the JAlbum forums to find answers and I have done everything requested. I have added the Upload path into Turtle, I have added the Facebook ID and put "0" for the number of comments because I do not want to display this comments box. I follow the Facebook debug and correct all the alerts (FB:id, og:description that were missing), see pdf attached.

What can be done?

Also, would it be possible to have an option to not display the filename of the image (which I presume is the Title one).

You can test here: http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/turtle

Thanks again and regards
Henri
hspagnolo

Posted: 29-Aug-2017 00:18   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

Hi Laza,

I have found the problem of the image not loading first time with the Facebook share, I have added the following lines into the <HEAD> section (I found the answer here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17920519/facebook-share-dialog-does-not-display-thumbnails-one-first-load):

<meta property="og:image:width" content="960"/>
<meta property="og:image:height" content="640"/>

Adding these 2 lines into the <HEAD> section is a problem for images in portrait mode.

Also, the image is not at the correct size for the Facebook image box so maybe you have a better way for calculating what should be the size for Facebook box.

Could you please add this (and maybe also into Tiger and Photoblogger) in the next release?

Now remains only this question:
Also, would it be possible to have an option to not display the filename of the image (which I presume is the Title one).

Thanks again and regards
Henri
hspagnolo

Posted: 30-Aug-2017 10:17   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

Hi Laza,

Seems that this topic is not of interest and I understand, so may I just ask if I can replace the data of "content" by a variable that is used by Turtle to determinate the width and height ?

<meta property="og:image:width" content="960"/>
<meta property="og:image:height" content="640"/>

by

<meta property="og:image:width" content="variable"/>
<meta property="og:image:height" content="variable"/>

Thanks and regards
Henri
Laza

Posted: 30-Aug-2017 10:36   in response to: hspagnolo in response to: hspagnolo

Yes, use ${imageWidth} and ${imageHeight} respectively.
hspagnolo

Posted: 30-Aug-2017 10:56   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks Laza

Regards
Henri
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums