This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Sep-2017 21:04 Last Post By: markok Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
markok

Folder Date
Posted: 17-Aug-2017 15:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

I have several albums with multiple folders where I also publish a date of the event within a folder thumbnail...

Recently I noticed that whenever I update such an album (eg. add a new folder) a date displayed in the folders changes in all (ie old) folders in the album too?

To resolve I need to manually update all dates in all folders again. Some folders - despite of the fact that date looks ok in "Edit" field for this particular folder - do not show correct date once the album is rebuilt? Date simply can not be changed in some folders....?

I use JAlbum v13.1 and the latest Photoblogger skin.

Please advise how can I solve this anoying problem.

Thank you.

regards
Marko
jGromit

Re: Folder Date
Posted: 17-Aug-2017 16:06   in response to: markok in response to: markok

(Thread moved - this is a skin-specific question.)
jGromit

Posted: 17-Aug-2017 17:13   in response to: markok in response to: markok

The skin is trying to display the folder modification date, based on the camera dates on the images, or the file modification dates on the image files. See Photoblogger > Thumbnails > Folders > ${folderModDate}. If the camera dates of all the image files in the folder are the same as the event date, you should be safe choosing Last camera date.

If not, I think the only way to get around this is to eliminate the folderModDate from the caption template, and use only the title and comment (which is actually the default in the current version of the skin). Then enter your desired date as the comment. With any other choice, the skin is sometimes going to pick up a new folder modification date, something that you don't want.
markok

Posted: 03-Sep-2017 10:46   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you!

Edited by: markok on 03-Sep-2017 10:47

Edited by: markok on 03-Sep-2017 21:04
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums