This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Aug-2017 23:49 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jboxroundfile

Multiple bitrates for videos?
Posted: 11-Aug-2017 03:07

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In an older version of Matrix I was able to make a modification to make jwplayer display bitrate selections when I provided it more than one version of a particular video. Is such a thing possible with the html5 player in the current Matrix skin, and if so, how can I make it work? Thanks.
jGromit

Re: Multiple bitrates for videos?
Posted: 11-Aug-2017 04:14   in response to: jboxroundfile in response to: jboxroundfile

Click to reply to this thread Reply
No, I'm afraid that's not possible. The skin is now using a simple HTML5 <video> tag, which doesn't have the ability to handle multiple sources.

Edit: More accurately, the <video> tag can handle multiple sources, but it will simply use the first source that's playable by the device visiting the page. There's no mechanism for presenting options to the visitor, or for preferentially choosing a source based on some characteristics of the visiting device.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums