This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Aug-2017 08:56 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
serjm

Caption now bold - was normal
Posted: 07-Aug-2017 23:06

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The following has now changed when I create an album with the MatrixSlide skin.

From the index.html - the caption has changed from mx-hs-comment to mx-hs-title:

content='jAlbum 14.0.10 with MatrixSlide 38.1
div class='mx-hs-comment'

content='jAlbum 14.1 with MatrixSlide 38.1
div class='mx-hs-title'

I've just been changing the .html manually - not sure if I'm missing something or ?
jGromit

Re: Caption now bold - was normal
Posted: 07-Aug-2017 23:18   in response to: serjm in response to: serjm

The change of jAlbum version can't possibly have made any difference. The skin is still the same.

The jAlbum title and the jAlbum comment are not the same thing:

And the skin treats them separately. You can enter a title, a comment, both, or neither, and you can tell the skin to display the title, the comment, both, or neither. See the Title and Comment box here:

https://jgromit.com/matrixslide/man/matrixslide_captions_general.html

And you can tell the skin to style them however you like. See the Image title and Image comment entries here:

https://jgromit.com/matrixslide/man/matrixslide_fonts_settings.html

I would also suggest that unless you are intentionally picking up titles and comments from the image metadata, that you tell jAlbum to use only what you've entered manually. Go to Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata > Comment sources and check only the jAlbum (Text file) box. On the same tab, for Title source, choose No IPTC.

You should never, ever be editing the resulting page code - that's always a sign that you're doing something wrong.
serjm

Posted: 08-Aug-2017 04:18   in response to: serjm in response to: serjm

Thanks for your quick response.

I've only been using the default settings up to now, except for the html name, so I will make the changes you suggested to the Metadata settings.

Regards
jGromit

Posted: 08-Aug-2017 08:56   in response to: serjm in response to: serjm

If you're happy with the text that's being shown, but you want it to be normal weight rather than bold, just go to MatrixSlide > Fonts > Settings > Image title, and change it from bold to normal. That's all you need to do!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums