This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Nov-2017 21:12 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Line numbers font size should follow the font size of the code.
Posted: 12-Jul-2017 10:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
You can change the font size used in the jAlbum Textpad via menu item View / Set font size …

However if you do that the font size of the line numbers is unchanged, which makes the line numbers on my high resolution monitor unreadable for my eyes, see attached screen shot.

So please change also the font size of the line numbers if you change the font size of the code.
davidekholm

Re: Line numbers font size should follow the font size of the code.
Posted: 04-Aug-2017 19:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

This will be corrected when Oracle releases Java 9 (originally scheduled for October 27, but now due in September.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Oct-2017 16:11   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
This will be corrected when Oracle releases Java 9 (originally scheduled for October 27, but now due in September.
This is not corrected in version 14,2b7
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Oct-2017 23:52   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It is. Please don't cross post. If you disagree, attach a screenshot.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Oct-2017 00:11   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment ss003335.png (11,7 KB)
Attachment ss003336.png (14,3 KB)
Sorry, David, but this time, he's right. Changing the font size from 14 to 24 leaves the line numbers unchanged.

Edit: Is there perhaps a newer version of JTextPad.jar that wasn't bundled with the beta?

EditEdit: Ah, here's a mystery! I used the latest installer to get 14.2b7, then did a core update to get 14.2.b8. But when I look at the Help/System stuff, it tells me it's running on Java 1.8.0_152, and pulling it from my own installed JDK (I haven't installed 9).

EEE: And in Jalbum.ini, the path is correct: JRE Path=C:\Program Files\jAlbum\jre64\

EEEE (there's just no stopping me, now!): In macOS, it is also preferentially grabbing the installed Java 8 JDK, and ignoring the Java 9 JRE that's bundled.
AndreWolff

Posted: 31-Oct-2017 10:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Sorry, David, but this time, he's right. Changing the font size from 14 to 24 leaves the line numbers unchanged.
Hear Hear!
AndreWolff

Posted: 31-Oct-2017 12:14   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
EditEdit: Ah, here's a mystery! I used the latest installer to get 14.2b7, then did a core update to get 14.2.b8. But when I look at the Help/System stuff, it tells me it's running on Java 1.8.0_152, and pulling it from my own installed JDK (I haven't installed 9).

EEE: And in Jalbum.ini, the path is correct: JRE Path=C:\Program Files\jAlbum\jre64\

EEEE (there's just no stopping me, now!): In macOS, it is also preferentially grabbing the installed Java 8 JDK, and ignoring the Java 9 JRE that's bundled.

May be that explains this problem.
davidekholm

Posted: 31-Oct-2017 17:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Well, with Java 9, those numbers properly scale up 400% on hidpi screens. The lack of that was in my opinion the biggest hurdle. This component is called RSyntaxTextArea . Ask for an update to it so the numbers follow the font size in general. We can then incorporate the updated RSyntaxTextArea into jAlbum.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Oct-2017 17:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

This is the bigger mystery, I think:

Short of installing JDK 9, I don't even know how to get jAlbum to use the bundled JRE. The launcher is apparently ignoring the Jalbum.ini JRE path.
davidekholm

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 20:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Try the updated beta installer for your OS
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums