This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Jul-2017 13:21 Last Post By: timmyleeturner Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
timmyleeturner

Can't connect to SFTP
Posted: 03-Jul-2017 20:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Never had a problem before, but all of a sudden I cannot upload an album through jAlbum... Error Message says "Can't Connect. Server reported: Algorithm negotiation fail"
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks
Using jAlbum 12.7.2 Pro
RobM

Re: Can't connect to SFTP
Posted: 03-Jul-2017 21:41   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

timmyleeturner wrote:
Never had a problem before, but all of a sudden I cannot upload an album through jAlbum... Error Message says "Can't Connect. Server reported: Algorithm negotiation fail"
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks
Using jAlbum 12.7.2 Pro
Can you connect to your host using another FTP client? If yes have you tried changing the connection setting, http://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Upload
timmyleeturner

Posted: 03-Jul-2017 22:21   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, but I changed the settings in jAlbum to ftp instead of the secure mode I have always used and it worked. I logged in using my WinSCP to using SFTP 3.

Edited by: timmyleeturner on 03-Jul-2017 22:38
RobM

Posted: 03-Jul-2017 23:51   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

timmyleeturner wrote:
Yes, but I changed the settings in jAlbum to ftp instead of the secure mode I have always used and it worked. I logged in using my WinSCP to using SFTP 3.

Edited by: timmyleeturner on 03-Jul-2017 22:38

Sorry, I'm not sure if you are saying it now works using jAlbum or not, or it works but not using any of the secure settings? If it is not working as you want someone from jAlbum will respond once you have confirmed you need further help.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 04-Jul-2017 00:05   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

It will not connect using jAlbum using the secure settings.
AnCa

Posted: 04-Jul-2017 00:47   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

timmyleeturner wrote:
I logged in using my WinSCP to using SFTP 3.
What more info do you get from WinSCP? Can you select Session->Server/protocol info and copy the info to the clipboard (use the button) and paste here?
timmyleeturner

Posted: 04-Jul-2017 01:43   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

File transfer protocol = SFTP-3
Cryptographic protocol = SSH-2
SSH implementation = OpenSSH_5.3
Encryption algorithm = aes
Compression = No

Server host key fingerprint
ssh-rsa 2048 44:7d:6e:f8:38:73:b6:42:b3:a6:90:da:a0:39:d9:cc

Can change permissions = Yes
Can change owner/group = Yes
Can execute arbitrary command = No
Can create symbolic/hard link = Yes/No
Can lookup user groups = No
Can duplicate remote files = No
Can check available space = Yes
Can calculate file checksum = No
Native text (ASCII) mode transfers = No

Additional information
The server supports these SFTP extensions:
posix-rename@openssh.com="1"
statvfs@openssh.com="2"
fstatvfs@openssh.com="2"

Total bytes on device = 3,482 GB (3,737,963,495,424 B)
Free bytes on device = 833 GB (894,372,491,264 B)
Total bytes for user = Unknown
Free bytes for user = 657 GB (704,471,289,856 B)
Bytes per allocation unit = 4,096 B
AnCa

Posted: 04-Jul-2017 01:54   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

timmyleeturner wrote:
File transfer protocol = SFTP-3
Cryptographic protocol = SSH-2
SSH implementation = OpenSSH_5.3
Encryption algorithm = aes
Compression = No
This is exactly (except for the SSH implementation) the same as the jAlbum SFTP server, which do work with the jAlbum client using the SFTP protocol...

And "SFTP" was the protocol you tried in jAlbum which didn't work?
timmyleeturner

Posted: 04-Jul-2017 02:04   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Not sure what it was on now, always worked. Just tried SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), wouldn't work in jAlbum.

Tried FTPES over explicit TLS/SSL and it worked.

Tried FTPS over implicit TLS/SSL, jave error, time out.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 05:30   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

Can't get any of them except for the plain FTP site to work... it seems awfully slow... was gonna take 30 minutes to upload 707 MB... usually takes 5 minutes using SFTP. I'm just not sure what has changed here, it worked fine until yesterday. Where can I find out what files to upload using WinSCP?
Using jAlbum, I can get it to log in using FTPES, but there is no way to find the correct directory... never seen that before... In other words, there's no file index to change directories.
Thanks

Edited by: timmyleeturner on 06-Jul-2017 05:32
timmyleeturner

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 05:47   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to upload the .jalbum, album, albumfiles.txt jalbum-settings files and folders correct? For some reason jAlbum was uploading the entire , original 32 GB Directory of files rather than the reduced album I made. I need to UNCHECK Copy Originals correct?
timmyleeturner

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 06:03   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

I just can't figure out why all this has changed. When I attempted to upload my album files using WinSCP and leave out the originals that were copies, it still shows it was going to take an hour and a half to upload... I've done much larger albums in 15 minutes or so. I'm deleting it all and attempting to recreate the album. Not sure if I need to copy originals or not,, seems like I always had to, then go back into my Documents folder and delete them, never understood why.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 06:54   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

Also, I cannot set my correct web root... my domain is listed, but there is a public.html directory under that, then I create a sub folder for my albums... it always just worked out before, but it will not let me create a new directory for my album. I cant find anywhere in the settings where I can direct it to my upload directory and it will not accept it when I try to add it.
I'm going to have to give up on this for a while, it's wearing me out. It used to take minutes. Not sure I want to upload via the old FTP method anyway without security.
JeffTucker

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 12:32   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

Not sure why the jAlbum uploader is having trouble with your server - David might ask for your login information so he can investigate further.

But for the moment, just use WinSCP.

First, most important point - you do not want to upload the entire project directory. That includes all of the inputs, as well as all of the completed album, so you'd be uploading all kinds of stuff you don't need. From within jAlbum, open the album project. Now choose Tools, Open directories, Output directory. That will show you what you need to upload to a subdirectory (folder) on your server. So, for the mydog album, you would create public_html/mydog. Then upload the completed album to public_html/mydog. The album will consist of index.html, a res directory, a slides directory, a thumbs directory, and, depending upon the skin, some other files. In short, you want to upload the contents of the album folder.

So, you won't be uploading things like albumfiles.txt, the copies of your original images, the .jalbum stuff, and so on. Those aren't part of the finished album.

I wouldn't worry about security. After all, there's nothing personal or confidential in your album. You're uploading a bunch of photos and web page files, all of which will then be available for public viewing, anyway.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 13:21   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I deleted my FTP profile, re configured and it appears to have fixed it. Very odd behavior... same settings, same info....
Thanks
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums