This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-May-2017 12:49 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
vdamjanovski

"Fully" blank screen too long
Posted: 24-May-2017 08:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi there, this question is for Album guys, but probably more for the makers of Fully skin.
I love this skin, but only switched to this one recently, as I have been using quite happily the "Turtle" skin for over 5 years
I like the fulness of Fully, but it is staying blank for too long when you open it for the first time on any browser device.
I tried on my iphone for example and I waited for nearly a minute to get my first image.
Mind you - I have a very fast fibre internet, so my internet is not issue.
My question to the makers of Fully is - why can't you put a simple text in the middle of the blank screen, while waiting for image to load, saying "Loading images - please wait", or something similar.
Otherwise, I think everybody will think my photo web site is not working, and a few seconds after seeing blank they will disconnect.
jGromit

Re: "Fully" blank screen too long
Posted: 24-May-2017 12:49   in response to: vdamjanovski in response to: vdamjanovski

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The developer of the Fully skin is no longer with jAlbum, and the skin is no longer supported (that's why it's in this section of the forums), so it is unlikely that any new features will be introduced.

One of the problems with a full-screen image display is that it requires unusually large image files, so the display of the first image is often rather slow. Having a fast connection helps, but equally important is having a fast web host.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums