This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-May-2017 15:50 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mwhhfotografie

No scrolling in .htt files
Posted: 17-May-2017 07:38

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Nieuwe pagina.htt (28,3 KB)
I filled a .htt file with a long text, but no scroll bar shows up in Fully. I can't scroll down to read the whole text. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by: mwhhfotografie on 17-May-2017 07:40
RobM

Re: No scrolling in .htt files
Posted: 17-May-2017 11:15   in response to: mwhhfotografie in response to: mwhhfotografie

When you look at the page made by this template it will not be formatted as you expect. You need to use HTML tags, like <br> instead of using newline.

Add the HTML code and then post a link so we can see what is happening.
jGromit

Posted: 17-May-2017 13:30   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Helpful
The problem goes beyond that.

Fully is designed to fill the monitor with content, but never to show any scrollbars. In this case, if there's too much text to be displayed, it simply spills out of the viewport, with no way to get to it.

I doubt that there's a simple workaround.

Edit: I take it back. The workaround isn't too bad, but you will need to edit one of the skin's template files.

Install the Fully skin again (this will provide a second copy in a location where you can alter it without touching the bundled version) from its skin page: https://jalbum.net/skins/skin/Fully.

Now choose Fully for your album project and edit the skin files: Tools, Skin developer, Edit skin files.

Go to the tab for the page-header.inc file. Just below line 21 (<link rel="stylesheet"....), insert this line:
<ja:if test="${pageType}" value="page"><style>body {overflow:auto;}</style></ja:if>
Save the file, close the editor, and Make album again.

You also need to put regular HTML formatting in your page text, as RobM has suggested.
mwhhfotografie

Posted: 17-May-2017 13:43   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for your answer!
I'll have a look.

Edited by: mwhhfotografie on 17-May-2017 13:43
jGromit

Posted: 17-May-2017 13:48   in response to: mwhhfotografie in response to: mwhhfotografie
Helpful
And by "HTML formatting," we mean that your text should look like this:
Waar komt het vandaan?<br><br>
In tegenstelling tot wat algemeen aangenomen....
You can leave newlines in there just so it's easier to edit, but HTML will pay attention only to the <br> characters - those are what tell it to make a new line. HTML ignores ordinary newlines.
mwhhfotografie

Posted: 17-May-2017 14:29   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I followed your directions and it works! Many thanks!!
jGromit

Posted: 17-May-2017 14:31   in response to: mwhhfotografie in response to: mwhhfotografie

Good. :)

My quick test seemed to work, without producing any ugly side-effects.
RobM

Posted: 17-May-2017 15:39   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
The problem goes beyond that.

Fully is designed to fill the monitor with content, but never to show any scrollbars. In this case, if there's too much text to be displayed, it simply spills out of the viewport, with no way to get to it.

I doubt that there's a simple workaround.

Edit: I take it back. The workaround isn't too bad, but you will need to edit one of the skin's template files.

Install the Fully skin again (this will provide a second copy in a location where you can alter it without touching the bundled version) from its skin page: https://jalbum.net/skins/skin/Fully.

Now choose Fully for your album project and edit the skin files: Tools, Skin developer, Edit skin files.

Go to the tab for the page-header.inc file. Just below line 21 (<link rel="stylesheet"....), insert this line:

<ja:if test="${pageType}" value="page"><style>body {overflow:auto;}</style></ja:if>
Save the file, close the editor, and Make album again.

You also need to put regular HTML formatting in your page text, as RobM has suggested.

Instead of making a duplicate copy of Fully you could just edit your template to replace
<ja:include page="page-header.inc" /> <%-- Keep this --%>
with the contents of the page-header.inc file and add the additional line as above.

Either way is fine as Fully may not get any further updates.
jGromit

Posted: 17-May-2017 15:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
...Fully may not get any further updates.

I'm fairly sure we'll see one patch when jAlbum 14 is released, since web location objects break Fully, in dramatic fashion.

The change might consist only of telling Fully to ignore them - there's no page of thumbnails, so where would a web location object be planted in the album?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums