Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 07-Jun-2017 00:21   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment ss002933.png (3.3 KB)
Attachment ss002934.png (4.0 KB)
Attachment ss002935.png (18.1 KB)
RobM wrote:
Nah, I tried that already and it isn't working for me....

Don't know what to tell you. It works when I follow all of the steps (plus Link to scaled images, of course).

ss002933, first project's copyright entries
ss002934, first project's advanced settings
ss002935, output slide image from first project used in second project
RobM

Posted: 07-Jun-2017 12:09   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
It is working now after rebooting and restarting jAlbum, I think last night I had been testing other things and had caused an error and that seems to have interfered with this function.
jGromit wrote:
And perhaps the core should apply those copyright metadata to the project's input images, though maybe only if they've been copied into the image directory (rather than linked - I'm always a little leery of anything that manipulates source files). That would provide some useful feedback.
At the moment even with Preferences/Album/Write xmp metadata to files it does not add those fields to the existing metadata.

What seems wrong is that if you change any of those fields and remake the album the data is not updated, regardless of the override existing being checked. The only way to update it is to do a Make all, or remove the images manually from the album.

As well as the slide images hi-res images get the metadata added but copied originals do not.
davidekholm

Posted: 07-Jun-2017 18:18   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
You unfortunately need to perform a "Make all" if you switch on the inclusion of xmp based copyright info" to an existing album project. I should strive to make this fully automated for the future.
davidekholm

Posted: 14-Jun-2017 19:31   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I now have Release Candidate 1 for jAlbum 14 out. The plan is to release it sharp within a week if there aren't any major showstoppers reported.

Updates since last packaged beta:
  • The ja:fileiterator tag now accepts a comma separated list of categories for the new "category" attribute
  • Batch rename now supports regular expressions (select several album objects and select rename to launch batch rename tool)
  • More robust setting of skin variables
  • Some bug fixes here and there (for instance html links in captions not showing properly)
  • New " Tiger " skin which is a successor to Turtle supporting Web Locations and written with responsiveness (mobile use) in mind from scratch
  • "Skin family" mechanism allowing skins belonging to the same family to share the same project settings. This simplifies moving from one skin to another without having to re-enter the same settings. This applies when moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin for instance. Just open an existing Turtle project and switch to Tiger, then make the album again. ("Skin family" is a skin property)
  • Bundled skins "Minimal", "Base", "PhotoBlogger", "Turtle" and the new "Tiger" skin (Fully responsive successor to Turtle) now supports Web Locations.

Installers:
Mac: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum.dmg
Windows: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe
Any OS: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum.zip
ctwist

Posted: 14-Jun-2017 20:11   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
The "Skin family" property will be useful when I am testing different versions of a skin.

Currently, to avoid losing settings when I switch to an old version of the skin, I need to close Eclipse and then rename the new and old skins. When I switch back to the current version, I have to undo the renames.

If I put these into the same skin family, I can just change the project's skin from "Mirage" to "Mirage 7.8". Much simpler.
RobM

Posted: 14-Jun-2017 21:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
  • The ja:fileiterator tag now accepts a comma separated list of categories for the new "category" attribute
That is much better than having to detect the categories within if-then blocks to eliminate certain categories. Would it be possible to have a 'no category', as for 'nodirs'? That would make it easier to eliminate a category, rather than including all of the others?
RobM

Posted: 14-Jun-2017 21:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I now have Release Candidate 1 for jAlbum 14 out. The plan is to release it sharp within a week if there aren't any major showstoppers reported.
I notice Tiger uses a tag I don't recall seeing before
<ja:enter> </ja:enter>
, is this a new tag?
RobM

Posted: 14-Jun-2017 22:07   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
  • "Skin family" mechanism allowing skins belonging to the same family to share the same project settings. This simplifies moving from one skin to another without having to re-enter the same settings. This applies when moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin for instance. Just open an existing Turtle project and switch to Tiger, then make the album again. ("Skin family" is a skin property)
Is there going to be a way a user can see what skins belong to a family? The browse skins page could have a search for skins belonging to a family, the skin developers page could show theirs skins organised by family and the skin information window could display related skins.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 08:13   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:

* "Skin family" mechanism allowing skins belonging to the same family to share the same project settings. This simplifies moving from one skin to another without having to re-enter the same settings. This applies when moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin for instance. Just open an existing Turtle project and switch to Tiger, then make the album again. ("Skin family" is a skin property)

openSUSE Tumbleweed version 20170612

Moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin results in the following error message:

Stack trace for jAlbum 14rc1 using skin Tiger 1.0rc1:

se.datadosen.util.ScriptException: ReferenceError: "shareLinkedIn" is not defined in init.js at line number 118
	at se.datadosen.util.ScriptException.of(ScriptException.java:58)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processScript(AlbumBean.java:2339)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.prepareMakeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2827)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2586)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.smartMakeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2554)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame$10.run(JAlbumFrame.java:1064)
AndreWolff

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 09:15   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I did test the new "Web locations" object type with the Minimal skin, see my Minimal test album.

I think there is a navigation problem:
Click on the first thumbnail and next navigate with the arrow button to the 2nd slide which is a web location. You see now the web page with navigation buttons, but there is no button to open the web page.
Now go back to the index page and click on the 2nd thumbnail: the web page opens now, but there are no navigation buttons to go back to the album.
I think this is not a consistent user interface.

The html validator indicates also a problem: see here.

Tested with version 14rc1 under Windows 10.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Jun-2017 09:26

I did test the same album with the new Tiger skin, see my Tiger test album. I think this is an inconvenient implementation:
If you click on the web location thumbnail, the full web page opens, but there is no button (except of course the browser back button, which is not visible in full screen mode) to return to the album.
If you click on the first thumbnail and goes with the arrow button to the next slide, the 2nd slide which is the weblocation, is skipped! I think the minimal skin implementation with navigation buttons on the web location slide is better!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Jun-2017 09:42

I did test the same album with the PhotoBlogger skin, see my PhotoBlogger test album, but there is the 2nd weblocation slide invisible.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Jun-2017 09:49

I noticed that the output folder contains in all implementaions a file Beerze (Ommen) - Wikipedia.webloc:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>URL</key>
<string>https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerze_(Ommen)</string>
</dict>
</plist>

What is the purpose of this file? What can I do with it in a skin?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 15-Jun-2017 12:49
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 10:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment slide.htt (4.8 KB)
Minimal: Attached is the corrected slide.htt file. As distributed, it produces invalid HTML.

Minimal: The version number hasn't been changed. For my own skins, I've abandoned decimal version numbers, except for true bug fixes (Chrome and Firefox are essentially following this practice these days). I'd recommend the same for any other skin. The distinction between "major" and "minor" releases means nothing to a user - they just want to know whether they have the latest version or not. Why complicate it with weird numbering, like TheSkin v.3.12.6? This should be Minimal 7.

Base: The slide page is neither fish nor fowl. It doesn't display the poster image for the webloc, and has neither on-image navigation to get to the next/previous slide, nor any clickable link to the webloc.
Laza

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 10:20   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
I notice Tiger uses a tag I don't recall seeing before
<ja:enter> </ja:enter>
, is this a new tag?
Yes, this is a new tag. This instructs jAlbum to see folder variables in <fileIterator> loops within the <enter> tags. By default "folder" (and the variables connected to the folder) does not exists inside a loop, but Tiger needs some of them for example when figuring out the image caption template. I was struggling a lot when finally I learned it was by design. In my opinion it was a bad design decision to hide the parent's namespace (all programming languages inherit its parents namespace), even though it might looked elegant to write simply:
<ja:fileIterator><ja:if exists="folder">...</ja:if></ja:fileIterator>

Something like this could have been more precise:
<ja:fileIterator><ja:if category="folder">...</ja:if></ja:fileIterator>
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 10:43   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Yes, this is a new tag. This instructs jAlbum to see folder variables in <fileIterator> loops within the <enter> tags.

I don't quite follow this.

Consider this fairly typical situation. You have FolderA. It contains 10 JPG's and two folders, FolderAA and FolderAB. Now you're going through the objects in FolderA within a fileiterator. If this is within a <ja:enter> tag, and you ask for folderTitle, do you get the folderTitle for FolderA, or do you get the folderTitle for FolderAA or FolderAB (when the iterator is dealing with those folders)?
Laza

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 11:49   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I don't know what happens, but ideally folderTitle should return FolderAA - this is the way inheritance supposed to work. Anyway, I'm using explicit albumObjects in my code, and don't allow this uncertainty. The problem was that even if the skin was iterating through albumObjects the parentFolder's variables were inaccessible.
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Jun-2017 11:55   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
That is much better than having to detect the categories within if-then blocks to eliminate certain categories. Would it be possible to have a 'no category', as for 'nodirs'? That would make it easier to eliminate a category, rather than including all of the others?

Good point. There is now an "exclude" attribute too. I also added an "include" attribute as a synonym for "category" so it's symmetrical. Update the beta jar file
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums