Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 24-May-2017 21:00   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
The popup alerts are due to another application....

You know what I'm going to suggest next, right? ;)

Let me join in on that ;-)

Just installing an OS update, then I'm going to reboot in Safe mode.
I had a quick try with Little Snitch rules disabled but that made no difference, I'll let you know if completely turning off extensions does the job.
RobM

Posted: 24-May-2017 21:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Attachment Safe mode crash.txt (103.8 KB)
Starting in Safe mode and jAlbum crashes, see attached.
RobM

Posted: 24-May-2017 21:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
I still get the same error after uninstalling Little Snitch, I guess it will have to remain one of life's mysteries.
jGromit

Posted: 24-May-2017 21:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

In this case, I get the same result.
davidekholm

Posted: 25-May-2017 10:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

Such crashes are always a result of bugs in either the underlying Java engine or its interaction with underlying layers (OS and display drivers). Let's hope the updated v131 Java fixes that crash.
RobM

Posted: 25-May-2017 12:29   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:

Such crashes are always a result of bugs in either the underlying Java engine or its interaction with underlying layers (OS and display drivers). Let's hope the updated v131 Java fixes that crash.

As a point of interest jAlbum 12 ran without a crash, sorry didn't try 13.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 25-May-2017 14:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
I deleted the old configuration folder and then installed a new version of jAlbum, with the b9 core update installed too. I loaded the included Sample portfolio and then added a web location. Then copied and pasted it into the same folder, clicked "Don't replace" and got the error. See attached mp4 for exact actions. Still, if it's just me…

Doing that resulted in the following error message:

jAlbum 14b9 system console running BeanShell (BeanShell Engine)
This section captures debug prints sent to System.out and System.err
The top section evaluates expressions.
Press Strg+E to evaluate an expression. (Evaluates selected text if selection is active)
You have access to the basic jAlbum implicit objects such as engine and window

Sample expressions:
4*(3+2); // Basic calculations
engine.getSkin(); // Use of implicit object
for (AlbumObject ao : selectedObjects) System.out.println(ao); // Iterate over selected objects
window.messageBox("You can interact with any Java object");
Make album: 0.95s
Exception in thread "copier" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
	at java.util.LinkedList.checkElementIndex(LinkedList.java:555)
	at java.util.LinkedList.get(LinkedList.java:476)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.FileCopier$2.run(FileCopier.java:107)
davidekholm

Posted: 25-May-2017 17:54   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
Although I cannot reproduce that indexOutOfBoundsException I've worked around it in b10 .
RobM

Posted: 25-May-2017 21:32   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Although I cannot reproduce that indexOutOfBoundsException I've worked around it in b10 .
Yes that fixed it, thanks :)
davidekholm

Posted: 26-May-2017 10:33   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Great
RobM

Posted: 06-Jun-2017 23:44   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
jAlbum can now automatically embed xmp based copyright notices on all images (Settings->Images)
I have tried entering information in the three fields: Creator, Copyright and Copyright URL and I have checked overwrite existing. I can't see any of the information within the metadata, for example using the list metadata extension and nothing shows up if I examine the metadata with Photoshop. Am I missing something?
jGromit

Posted: 06-Jun-2017 23:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
jAlbum can now automatically embed xmp based copyright notices on all images (Settings->Images)
I have tried entering information in the three fields: Creator, Copyright and Copyright URL and I have checked overwrite existing. I can't see any of the information within the metadata, for example using the list metadata extension and nothing shows up if I examine the metadata with Photoshop. Am I missing something?

It's a bit tricky. Enter some info in those Images > Copyright embedding fields. Under Advanced > Metadata, check Include xmp metadata in generated images. Now make the album. The copyright info is embedded in the output slide images. It doesn't alter the source files. If you then use those images as input to a new project, the List metadata extension will show the copyright info.

Specifically:

Creator » xmp.dc:creator[1]
Copyright » xmp.dc:rights[1]
Copyright URL » xmp.xmpRights:WebStatement
jGromit

Posted: 07-Jun-2017 00:05   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I'm thinking that, at a minimum, Include xmp metadata in generated images should be selected by default (I don't think it is in the latest beta, but I can't swear to it). I can't think of any downside to that.

And perhaps the core should apply those copyright metadata to the project's input images, though maybe only if they've been copied into the image directory (rather than linked - I'm always a little leery of anything that manipulates source files). That would provide some useful feedback.
RobM

Posted: 07-Jun-2017 00:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
It's a bit tricky. Enter some info in those Images > Copyright embedding fields. Under Advanced > Metadata, check Include xmp metadata in generated images. Now make the album. The copyright info is embedded in the output slide images. It doesn't alter the source files. If you then use those images as input to a new project, the List metadata extension will show the copyright info.

Specifically:

Creator » xmp.dc:creator[1]
Copyright » xmp.dc:rights[1]
Copyright URL » xmp.xmpRights:WebStatement

Nah, I tried that already and it isn't working for me, the xmp I get in the output image is
xmp.aux:Firmware=Firmware Version 2.0.9
xmp.aux:FlashCompensation=0/1
xmp.aux:Lens=EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
xmp.aux:LensInfo=70/1 200/1 0/0 0/0
xmp.aux:SerialNumber=1320809310
xmp.exif:ExifVersion=0221
xmp.photoshop:DateCreated=2011-08-03T17:09:18-07:00
RobM

Posted: 07-Jun-2017 00:13   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
I'm thinking that, at a minimum, Include xmp metadata in generated images should be selected by default (I don't think it is in the latest beta, but I can't swear to it). I can't think of any downside to that.

And perhaps the core should apply those copyright metadata to the project's input images, though maybe only if they've been copied into the image directory (rather than linked - I'm always a little leery of anything that manipulates source files). That would provide some useful feedback.

I was looking at the originals and the slide images as well as what Advanced settings might need to be set for this to work, I had this crazy idea of updating the wiki and wanted to make sure I understood how it worked.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums