Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 22-Jun-2017 13:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
You need to put the images to be imported in the same folder as the .csv file you refer to or in a sub folder thereof.
I still can't get this to work with the CSV and images in the same folder or the images in a subfolder (called images). I only tried importing three fields file, title and comment.

I don't have access to the preset database types, maybe someone else can test this feature?

Please zip together 3 of those images along with a CSV file and I'll test
AndreWolff

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 14:13   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
But if the skin contains references to things that didn't exist in jAlbum 13, like Category.webLocation, then obviously the skin requires jAlbum 14.
Well, the new version if the Slide Show 4 skin contains Category.webLocation statements, but it does not crash in jAlbum 13!
jGromit

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 14:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
But if the skin contains references to things that didn't exist in jAlbum 13, like Category.webLocation, then obviously the skin requires jAlbum 14.
Well, the new version if the Slide Show 4 skin contains Category.webLocation statements, but it does not crash in jAlbum 13!

If an album build hits that part of the code, it will crash. And this will be the error message in the console:
No static field or inner class: webLocation of class se.datadosen.jalbum.Category
Simple demo. Make yourself a copy of Minimal (6 or 7, doesn't matter). Edit slide.htt, and plant these lines at the very top:
<ja:if test="<%=fileCategory != Category.webLocation%>">
<%
System.out.println("not a webloc");
%>
</ja:if>
Now try making an album in jAlbum 13 with that skin.
jGromit

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 14:31   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
Ok, but if you upload a new version, you have also to enter a minimal version number. Why is that required if that version number can be fetched from the skin properties?

I think that's because of history. If memory serves, there was a time when the skin page showed the required jAlbum version, but that was back when most skins didn't have a skin.properties file at all. It was just a warning to someone who was about to download the skin. It could probably be removed from the skin version upload routine, but low priority.
jGromit

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 14:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
There is one problem with the way webLocations have been implemented.

Thinking about this a bit more....

I think the only way to handle relative URL's would be to say that any webLocation URL that starts with a "dot" is interpreted as a relative URL. A sibling directory, for example, would be ../dogalbum. A child directory would be specified as ./dogalbum, which is functionally identical to dogalbum. In short, there's no relative URL that can't be given by starting with a dot.

Of course, in this instance the user would absolutely be required to select a representing image. jAlbum can't possibly know where to look for one.
ctwist

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 15:22   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
ctwist wrote:
ctwist wrote:
The location of webloc files is strange:
  • albumfiles.txt shows that these are saved in the temp folder. These are likely to be deleted by file cleaners. Will this remove them from the album?
This is still a problem. I added a webloc in 14rc7 and albumfiles.txt contains
Abita Springs.webloc	C:\DOCUME~1\CHRIS\LOCALS~1\Temp\jAlbum\Town of Abita Springs.webloc	1498074054

They can be safely deleted. jAlbum has already made a copy of them to the project folder.

No they don't exist in the project folder. When I deleted the webloc files from the temp directory, they were shown as broken links.
davidekholm

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 15:36   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist
Weird. jAlbum should make copies of them. What is your "When adding files" preference set to? What browser do you drag and drop the web address onto jAlbum with?
ctwist

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 16:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
"When adding files" is set to "link".
I use Firefox 52.

Edited by: ctwist on 22-Jun-2017 10:36

Since the thread is locked, this is my reply to the final message.

Yes, when I changed "when adding files" to "copy", a new .webloc file was added to the project folder. However, existing webloc files remained in the temp folder and were not copied to the project folder.

Edited by: jGromit on 22-Jun-2017 10:46

And I can now duplicate the problem, choosing "Link" and also doing a drag-and-drop. Doing a right-click, New Page, Web location doesn't trigger the misbehavior, which is probably why I wasn't seeing it before.
davidekholm

Posted: 22-Jun-2017 16:19   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist
ctwist wrote:
I use Firefox 52.

Ok, set it to "Copy" and see if it helps. I'll fix that for the next service release, cause jAlbum 14 is now out: http://jalbum.net/software/release-notes
davidekholm

Posted: 24-Jun-2017 18:22   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
ctwist wrote:
I use Firefox 52.

Ok, set it to "Copy" and see if it helps. I'll fix that for the next service release, cause jAlbum 14 is now out: http://jalbum.net/software/release-notes

I've now released a service fix for this. Just do a core update.
MarkusD

Posted: 24-Jun-2017 18:32   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
David, what are you doing at your computer, its midsommar, isn't it? ;-) Enjoy...
davidekholm

Posted: 25-Jun-2017 23:11   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
MarkusD wrote:
David, what are you doing at your computer, its midsommar, isn't it? ;-) Enjoy...

True, but we didn't have anything arranged this summer so nothing stopped me from jAlbuming instead.
jGromit

Posted: 25-Jun-2017 23:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
You should be like the Icelanders. During those long, dark days of winter, they work 16-hour days. When summer arrives, a lot of places almost shut down - everyone goes on holiday.
davidekholm

Posted: 25-Jun-2017 23:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
You should be like the Icelanders. During those long, dark days of winter, they work 16-hour days. When summer arrives, a lot of places almost shut down - everyone goes on holiday.

Sounds clever. Anyway, tomorrow our family is heading for Denmark. We will be visiting Lego land :-)
MarkusD

Posted: 27-Jun-2017 19:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
<offtopic>
Apropos Lego. Watch this:
https://youtu.be/dCPWPj4JHqg

The video shows a crash test with a LEGO Porsche, organized from the German computer magazine c't and the German automobile club ADAC. It's only music what you here, so no German language skills are needed.

LEGO in Denmark was not amused about the video. ;-)

Have fun <g>
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums