Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 20-Jun-2017 15:40   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment ss003053.png (245.7 KB)
Attachment ss003054.png (230.3 KB)
From Tiger, using bears1 - Copy.jpg.

See why this isn't as simple as you think it is? ;)

Edit: Second screenshot added. In short, completely opposite results!
karlmistelberger

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 15:50   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
From Tiger, using bears1 - Copy.jpg.

See why this isn't as simple as you think it is? ;)

Edit: Second screenshot added. In short, completely opposite results!

Can't comment an unspecified screenshot. Can you upload this and post the URL for viewing?
jGromit

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 15:54   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
Here ya' go!

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/TigerCopyright/

Edit: And on the chance that there's some sort of "setting weirdness" going on (though I've tried various combinations, with no change), here's the project file.

EditEdit: Just to add to the fun, I built exactly the same album on my Macbook. Sure enough, the results reversed. Gotta love it.

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/TigerCopyrightMac/
ctwist

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:04   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Support for zif files has been removed from filetypes.xml. This was available in 13.10.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for reporting. This is due to us using an updated version of metadata-extractor. I've passed a bug report to https://github.com/drewnoakes/metadata-extractor/issues/270 now.
David, this thread contains so many messages, that some problems may be overseen.

I did report 3 problems with version 14:

1. The problem with the é and © characters in metadata, see here, you have seen.
2. Comments in EXIF datablocks are not read by jAlbum14, see here.
3. Error in Minimal skin code, see here.

And I have one question:. Why are there webloc files in the output directory?
karlmistelberger

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
Here ya' go!

http://jgromit.jalbum.net/TigerCopyright/

Edit: And on the chance that there's some sort of "setting weirdness" going on (though I've tried various combinations, with no change), here's the project file.

The project file has: textEncoding=ISO-8859-1 :-)

jGromit

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:24   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
karlmistelberger wrote:
The project file has: textEncoding=ISO-8859-1 :-)

That's the default, and it has never caused any problems for me, no matter what diacriticals I plant in an album, or where I plant them. And changing to something else, like UTF-8 or ISO-8859-X, makes no difference. Even unchecking Write UTF-8 doesn't appear to affect this problem.

In fact, you don't even have to build an album to see whether it's going to work properly or not. Just add the images, right-click, and choose Extensions > List metadata. The error (or lack thereof) shows up there, before you've even chosen a skin, or made any settings.

No, the difference appears to be between Windows and macOS/Linux. One gets opposite results on different platforms.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:28   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
David, this thread contains so many messages, that some problems may be overseen.

He knows. Trust me. He's got a lot on his plate at the moment.

2. Comments in EXIF datablocks are not read by jAlbum14....

I've reminded him about that one, and it's one that I can reproduce every time, so it should be easy to hunt down.

3. Error in Minimal skin code....

I posted the fix for that. It's a simple bit of tag sloppiness - nothing major.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:44   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I've now updated the jalbum-core.jar file to rc5.

Changes:
  • Web locations are now treated more like folders - no slides are generated
  • Fixed color issue with Nimbus look&feel
  • Fixed crash when processing some broken JPEG images
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:53   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
On the question why .webloc files are generated to the output folder, although they are not used by the album. Here are the reasons:
  • I want to create minimal surprises for skins. All album objects should therefore have a backing File object (i.e. AlbumObject.getFile() should never return null). In case of Web locations, the getFile() call simply returns the .webloc file.
  • The .webloc files can be used to recreate the representing images and target URLs in case one wants to use a generated album to recreate an album project.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 16:57   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:

Changes:

Well thanks you very much David, I was just ready with my skins so that they could handle weblog Slide images!!

Next time I don't start coding and testing pre releases!

Web location slides are very convenient in telling a story via slides, see my PhotoSwipe example and here my Slide Show 4 example! All work done for nothing, thanks!

My skins do offer also the possibility to skip the slides, see my PhotoSwipe example and here my Slide Show 4 example

Why don't you make the generation of webloc slides an option?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 20-Jun-2017 17:15

davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 17:01   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist
ctwist wrote:
Support for zif files has been removed from filetypes.xml. This was available in 13.10.

Thanks for spotting. Will be added for the next release candidate
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 17:33   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Changes:

Well thanks you very much David, I was just ready with my skins so that they could handle weblog Slide images!!

Next time I don't start coding and testing pre releases!

Web location slides are very convenient in telling a story via slides, see my PhotoSwipe example and here my Slide Show 4 example! All work done for nothing, thanks!

My skins do offer also the possibility to skip the slides, see my PhotoSwipe example and here my Slide Show 4 example

Why don't you make the generation of webloc slides an option?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 20-Jun-2017 17:15

We'll see what the future holds. Currently the democratic votes against allowing web locations in slides were more than those in favor of it. You can likely keep your code the way it is. If we allow web locations in slides in the future, your skin is one of the first ones to use it.
davidekholm

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 17:34   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I've now fixed the issue with missing EXIF image description comments. All in rc6.
RobM

Posted: 20-Jun-2017 17:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
You need to put the images to be imported in the same folder as the .csv file you refer to or in a sub folder thereof.
Ah, you had me when you described it as a metadata importer, I was thinking it would work for existing project objects. I'll give it another go tonight now I understand it better.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums