Permlink Replies: 255 - Pages: 18 [ Previous | 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] - Last Post: 01-Jul-2017 23:34 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: jAlbum 14 beta for testing
Posted: 19-Jun-2017 14:04   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
It gets even better. On macOS, same version of jAlbum, same version of skin, same settings, it shows up correctly. I don't even have a working theory.
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 14:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
See attached, which seems just fine.

That's certainly bizarre. My own quick Gromit test shows it incorrectly!

(Please, RobM, no more 3.7MB attachments!)

Sorry, it was just a quick screen grab without downsizing the image.
AndreWolff

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 14:21   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Which jAlbum version, which operating system and which skin?
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 14:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
Which jAlbum version, which operating system and which skin?
The one this thread is about, the best - Mac OS of course, the skin is clearly Gromit.
I tried using SS4 to replicate your situation, except for the OS of course, but adding the image to the root level of the 'Sample portfolio' project gives, shall we say, an interesting result - certainly not what a user would expect or want.
AndreWolff

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 15:08   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
The one this thread is about, the best - Mac OS of course, the skin is clearly Gromit.
Well I did test it on the operating system mostly used on PC's: Windows 10 and I understand the Gromit skin shows there the same wrong result (may be I copied the code from Gromit!).

But after all with Windows 10, used by most jAlbum customers, it is correctly working under jAlbum 13 and not under jAlbum 14, so clearly there is a problem in jAlbum 14.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 21:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
jAlbum14 does not appear to be detecting the presence of an EXIF Image Description. The metadata extractor knows it's there.

Just to confirm, this works properly in jAlbum 13.10.3, but not in jAlbum 14rc4.
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 21:57   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
I'm getting a weird result when I add http://robm.jalbum.net/polyglot/
as a web location, it results in a filename of ' .webloc', that is a single space for the name.
However, if I add http://robm.jalbum.net/Sprint/
then it works, giving a filename of Sprint.webloc.

Can anyone confirm this and does it happen with other jAlbum albums?
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:07   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
I'm getting a weird result when I add http://robm.jalbum.net/polyglot/
as a web location, it results in a filename of ' .webloc', that is a single space for the name.
However, if I add http://robm.jalbum.net/Sprint/
then it works, giving a filename of Sprint.webloc.

Can anyone confirm this and does it happen with other jAlbum albums?

I think it is the use of '[]' brackets in the title field - 'Sample PortfoliocyPorffolio SampldeBeispiel-Portfolio'
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:07   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
Starting in Safe mode and jAlbum crashes, see attached.

Such crashes are always a result of bugs in either the underlying Java engine or its interaction with underlying layers (OS and display drivers). Let's hope the updated v131 Java fixes that crash.

No change, alas. macOS 10.12.5, jAlbum 14rc4, Java 1.8.0_131
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:15   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
I noticed that the output folder contains in all implementaions a file Beerze (Ommen) - Wikipedia.webloc:
What is the purpose of this file? What can I do with it in a skin?

Same question from me. This looks like something from the input side that's "leaking" into the output.

This is still happening - 14rc4. I'm seeing something.webloc files in the output. David, what are these files for? AFAIK, there's nothing that HTML or CSS can do with them.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:23   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Attachment bears1.jpg (71.9 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
You unfortunately need to perform a "Make all" if you switch on the inclusion of xmp based copyright info" to an existing album project. I should strive to make this fully automated for the future.

This is still implemented in a somewhat perverse way. If you get all the settings right, your copyright info is written to the xmp metadata of the output images.

That's fine, but I think the user's natural expectation is that the copyright information should be usable in the album. But the source images aren't changed, and even if they were, the ${copyright} variable is looking only at IPTC copyright.

You'd have to copy the output images to a new album project, then tell that album project to display xmp.dc:rights[1]. Kind of the long way 'round Robin Hood's barn, as they say.

Edit: And it's not working consistently. Grab the attached image, and try to write copyright info to it. The image already has some xmp description info, but no copyright info. Nothing I do seems to enable jAlbum to write the copyright info to it.
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
jGromit wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
I noticed that the output folder contains in all implementaions a file Beerze (Ommen) - Wikipedia.webloc:
What is the purpose of this file? What can I do with it in a skin?

Same question from me. This looks like something from the input side that's "leaking" into the output.

This is still happening - 14rc4. I'm seeing something.webloc files in the output. David, what are these files for? AFAIK, there's nothing that HTML or CSS can do with them.

It seems to be Windows OS only, nothing shows in the album on my Mac.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:

I get exactly the same result in macOS 10.12.5. There's a something.webloc file sitting in the output directory.
RobM

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:

I get exactly the same result in macOS 10.12.5. There's a something.webloc file sitting in the output directory.

I stand semi-corrected, the webLocation object is copied to the album - if the output is not a subfolder of the project.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Jun-2017 22:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
I stand semi-corrected, the webLocation object is copied to the album - if the output is not a subfolder of the project.

I'm getting this result with default jAlbum settings. The output directory is album, within the project. Nothing odd about the setup whatsoever.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums