This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Sep-2020 15:35 Last Post By: markbausch
fe-pix

no smart upload (full upload every time)
Posted: 08-Apr-2017 22:25

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

since a few weeks I have following problem with jAlbum (13.1 + Turtle):

After changing an album, f.e. adding ord deleting a single photo to a folder, I generate the Album (generate changes) and get / check the preview. Then I select Smart-Upload to distribute the changes to my website but jAlbum starts a full upload - every time!

My Project is about 5.5 GByte so it takes 3 to 4 hours for the upload.

After the successful full upload I changed a text and did the same as before and the program ist doing a full upload again! That is not good, because I often want to upload small addons to my website when I'm on the road... actually impossible.

Anny suggestions? Please help!
RobM

Re: no smart upload (full upload every time)
Posted: 08-Apr-2017 23:38   in response to: fe-pix in response to: fe-pix

Try deleting the manifest file from the server, see http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=314378&#314378 for details
JeffTucker

Posted: 08-Apr-2017 23:39   in response to: fe-pix in response to: fe-pix
Correct
First, don't use Make Changes. It doesn't do what you think it does. Please trust me on this, and just click Make Album every time. (And don't choose Make All, which forces jAlbum to regenerate all the images - that will produce a massive upload every time!)

The smart upload really shouldn't be uploading everything each time. At worst, it might have to traverse the directory structure, comparing file dates and sizes, but even then, it should take no more than a few minutes.

There might be a damaged manifest file on your server. Choose Tools, Upload/Manage, connect to your server, navigate to the directory that contains your album, and delete the manifest.jmf that's there. If you don't see it, click the Advanced mode icon, which will show you all the files in the directories.

Then try your upload again.
fe-pix

Posted: 09-Apr-2017 20:36   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
There might be a damaged manifest file on your server. Choose Tools, Upload/Manage, connect to your server, navigate to the directory that contains your album, and delete the manifest.jmf that's there. If you don't see it, click the Advanced mode icon, which will show you all the files in the directories.

Thank you - it works!

markbausch

Posted: 27-Sep-2020 15:35   in response to: fe-pix in response to: fe-pix

I believe I am having this exact problem.

I have tried deleting the manifest.jmf file.

It doesn't seem to have the desired effect...which is not good for my primary album (31K images)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums