Permlink Replies: 43 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 26 Sep 19, 21:46 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Show full list of. Keywords
Posted: 27 Mar 17, 13:38
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
jGromit wrote:
I thought this rang a bell, but couldn't put my finger on it. Since I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, something that happened two years ago is pretty much out of my grasp. ;)
A slight increase may get through, but maybe another method of displaying more (all) keywords is required, like a context sensitive pop up scrollable window?

Edited by: RobM on 27-Mar-2017 15:26
Split from http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=52450&tstart=0
Requesting more than 30 keywords be shown.
JeffTucker

Re: Keyword Labels Maxing at 30
Posted: 27 Mar 17, 13:54   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Agreed - otherwise you end up with the problem that cropped up two years ago, a list of keywords so long it obscures all the thumbnails. Something like the developer window in a browser would be the way to go, I think.
RobM

Posted: 27 Mar 17, 14:44   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Or a collapsible pane on the right side of the explore section, so you can easily scroll through the list when needed. I'll branch this to the feature requests.

Edited by: RobM on 27-Mar-2017 13:48
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Mar 17, 14:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
... the ugh ride....

Is this some quaint Britishism with which I'm not familiar?
RobM

Posted: 27 Mar 17, 14:51   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
RobM wrote:
... the ugh ride....

Is this some quaint Britishism with which I'm not familiar?

A combination of RSI, and an iPad with a keyboard that I don't press on hard enough which puts auto complete/correction into whacky text mode. Made worse by not reading if what is displayed is the same as like wot I wrote.
davidekholm

Posted: 30 Mar 17, 15:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
I've packed the keyword list now so it will fit far more items than before. I could therefore delete the 30 item limitation. The updated list is found in this beta file (requires the jAlbum 14 beta first)

This beta update also has another change: Slide specific user variables are no longer auto mapped to different data types based on guessing like i the earlier beta (caused trouble for Turtle skin), instead it uses the SlideModel of the selected skin to apply the correct datatypes and defaults, just like other image specific properties are mapped.
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Mar 17, 15:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
This beta update also has another change: Slide specific user variables are no longer auto mapped to different data types based on guessing like i the earlier beta (caused trouble for Turtle skin), instead it uses the SlideModel of the selected skin to apply the correct datatypes and defaults, just like other image specific properties are mapped.

A quick test with my skins shows no problems (and I use a lot of image- and folder-specific variables). I was afraid that I might have "coded to the bug" somewhere, but it looks OK. ;)
davidekholm

Posted: 4 Apr 17, 18:25   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Great! Thanks for testing.
drmikey

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 16:20   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I have been searching thru the forum to find a way to list all keywords used in a gallery rather than just on an index page using ${keywords} and ended up here. Any way to do this since I'm clueless?
RobM

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 17:17   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey
Maybe http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/explorer/JAlbumExplorer.html#knownKeywords
Other than that going through all of the album objects recursively and making your own list.
drmikey

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 19:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Thanks for the info. I, not surprisingly, look at the link and a big fog forms in my brain since I have no idea how to use knownKeywords or Wordlist.
RobM

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 20:48   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey
drmikey wrote:
Thanks for the info. I, not surprisingly, look at the link and a big fog forms in my brain since I have no idea how to use knownKeywords or Wordlist.
I know how you feel and sort of hoped you might know, I suspect only David could say if it was a viable way of doing what you want and if so how to actually write the code.
JeffTucker

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 21:31   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
My gut instinct is that the knownKeywords variable is available only in the jAlbum Explore view. During album generation, I'd guess that it isn't, and that you just have to traverse the object tree and build an array.
RobM

Posted: 11 Aug 17, 21:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
My gut instinct is that the knownKeywords variable is available only in the jAlbum Explore view. During album generation, I'd guess that it isn't, and that you just have to traverse the object tree and build an array.
It does seem to be tied to the explore view, but I thought it would be available in init.bsh as you can usually access those things in an external tool. It might need accessibility setting though.

If it can be accessed, assuming it is the right parameter, it would make it much easier than doing it yourself.
davidekholm

Posted: 12 Aug 17, 11:26   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:

Correct. I'll provide an example
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums