This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 36 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] - Last Post: 29-Mar-2017 08:24 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: Custom edit panel / panoramic image
Posted: 28-Mar-2017 14:50   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Dschuwi wrote:
I am giving up.

That's what ctwist and I ended up doing. :)

I suspect that the only way to handle this is for the skin to keep its own variables for pano bounds - ca2MaxImageWidth, for example - and then traverse the album objects in postdir.bsh and generate new slide images if necessary.
Dschuwi

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 15:04   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:

I suspect that the only way to handle this is for the skin to keep its own variables for pano bounds - ca2MaxImageWidth, for example - and then traverse the album objects in postdir.bsh and generate new slide images if necessary.

I don't (yet) have trouble passing the maxImageWidth value. The trouble is with the pano and pano360 booleans only. This code (the one with the radio buttons) was just for fun and to test whether i could do it actually.

The latest production version of CA2 has one "Panoramic image" checkbox and one text field only, and - keep finger crossed, I will have to test it again now... - worked flawlessly so far.
RobM

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 15:55   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I've stayed out of this thread, but this is all very familiar. Been there before....

http://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=299147#299147

Hopefully the plugin versions will not suffer from this problem, I never saw an issue when testing.
jGromit

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 17:39   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Hopefully the plugin versions will not suffer from this problem, I never saw an issue when testing.

I'll play with it some more, but it doesn't seem to have the same problem. Not sure why - maybe it's just because the object isn't actually open for editing when you invoke the plugin.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 17:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I'll play with it some more, but it doesn't seem to have the same problem. Not sure why - maybe it's just because the object isn't actually open for editing when you invoke the plugin.
If I use the custom panel, is there a difference in behaviour expected if I just Open the image or Edit the image?
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 18:46   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Attachment TwoCheckBoxes.PNG (246.5 KB)
Dschuwi wrote:
I tried quite something there, got varying results.
I am giving up.
Until now I did not see any problems with the Panorama custom panel with 2 check boxes, but I keep my fingers crossed!
jGromit

Posted: 28-Mar-2017 21:43   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

When trying to test this stuff, don't get tripped up by this little jAlbum core bug!

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=52461
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums