I've converted all of my self-hosted sites to SSL, using https: This has triggered an interesting little cascade of problems in jAlbum, particularly with the Android app. I'm getting error messages about RSS being disabled, albums with slides, but no thumbnails, and so on.
It took me a while to hunt down the source of the problems, and I believe I've found it. If I go to Settings > General > Address and enter the correct URL to the album - for example https://example.com/AppTest/ - the RSS file ends up with some mangled addresses, like:
The RSS file now looks correct in 13.8.4, which is certainly a step in the right direction.
I'll do some tinkering today, but yes, I think the Android app problem is a separate issue, based on my limited tests. It's a tough thing to test, in part because I'm not sure what kind of caching the app is doing. So if I change something, then access the album again, I'm not confident that the app is "seeing" the change. I have no idea how to clear its cache, if there is one.