Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Apr-2017 14:52 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
znorker

Gromit video downloads
Posted: 23-Dec-2016 23:07
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

After creating and uploading an album to my website, the download button appears and works on all the videos. I want the download button NOT to appear on the videos.
I have unchecked the box under Custom > Video & Audio > Video Options > Download icon.

Troubleshooting steps performed:
- Checked Download icon box, Applied, Make Album, then UNchecked Download icon box, Applied, Make Album.
The download icon still appears on all the videos.

Running on:
- jAlbum: 13.1.2 - Java 1.8, 64bit
- Gomit: 34.1

Website: www.abzorba.com/gallery > Trail Cams > Trailcam Videos or any video in any of the other folders/categories.
- Any video in this folder has the unwanted download icon.

Is there something I'm missing to have the download icon NOT appear on the videos? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Edited by: jGromit - split into new thread. This is a different subject entirely.
jGromit

Re: Gromit video downloads
Posted: 23-Dec-2016 23:21   in response to: znorker in response to: znorker
Attachment ss002474.png (29,4 KB)
I'm not seeing a download icon on any of the pages in that album - see screenshot. What I'm seeing is a "home" icon, a "jump to the top level" icon, and a "back to the thumbnails" icon.

(BTW, you're using a somewhat buggy version of Gromit, which is why the captions above the slide images are overwriting part of the image - that's not supposed to happen. I strongly suggest you update to jAlbum 13.8 and Gromit 38.)
jGromit

Re: Gromit video downloads
Posted: 10-Apr-2017 14:52   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Attachment ss002763.png (64,4 KB)
I think I now know what you were referring to. Chrome 55 started putting a download icon on the video control bar (along with the slider, volume, etc.) by default. See screenshot. There was no way for the page coding (i.e., what the skin provides) to disable this. Try the page in Edge or Firefox, and you won't see that little download icon.

Chrome 58 will provide a way to get rid of the unwanted download icon on the video control bar. I'll include the coding to take advantage of that in the next skin release.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums