This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 15 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 21-Sep-2016 07:19 Last Post By: kaya Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
andivienne

Video not working
Posted: 13-Sep-2016 17:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello

I use an avi file but when i open the slide it's not working (means the video is not starting, its presented as a picture).
But on the thumbnail there is the arrow for video to see.

here the test album, the video is in the second folder ("direction south"), second slide

http://tourenbuchsup.free.fr/5%20days%20in%20Armenia/Direction%20south/index.html

If someone knows and can help me..

Thanks in advance

And greetings from Yerevan :-)

Andreas

RobM

Re: Video not working
Posted: 13-Sep-2016 22:56   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

Have you got a Flash plugin installed in your browser, if not videos will not play.
andivienne

Posted: 13-Sep-2016 23:04   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

Yes (Shockwave Flash player) but it's needed a flash plug-in that an avi files are working (i am not expert) ?
RobM

Posted: 13-Sep-2016 23:28   in response to: andivienne in response to: andivienne

The video is at http://tourenbuchsup.free.fr/5%20days%20in%20Armenia/Direction%20south/slides/AND_6867.mp4

Kaya will respond, but the skin page does not indicate video support and http://kaya.jalbum.net/LightFlow/v3/extSrc.html shows video support for external video, not within the album.
kaya

Posted: 17-Sep-2016 19:33   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

It seems that the video has been deleted, so even LightFlow can't play it. ;)
jGromit

Posted: 17-Sep-2016 19:50   in response to: kaya in response to: kaya

I did a little poking, and couldn't get a video to play in LightFlow. Does the skin support a video added as a regular album object, or does it only support access to videos that are external to the album itself? And how is it playing them? Is there a player script, or is it just passing the video to the browser in a new tab?
kaya

Posted: 18-Sep-2016 11:44   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

LightFlow is able to play videos. LightFlow's test album contains some media files such as swf, flv, quicktime (mov) and videos from hosters such as youtube or dailymotion:
http://kaya.jalbum.net/LightFlow/v3/samples/01/media/index.html
jGromit

Posted: 18-Sep-2016 13:34   in response to: kaya in response to: kaya

Well, I must be doing something wrong. I select LightFlow, default settings, add a couple of JPG's and one MP4, and I get this album: (demo album removed)

The Chrome_promo.mp4 file is sitting in the slides directory, but LF isn't using it for anything.
RobM

Posted: 18-Sep-2016 16:57   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Well, I must be doing something wrong. I select LightFlow, default settings, add a couple of JPG's and one MP4, and I get this album: (demo album removed)

The Chrome_promo.mp4 file is sitting in the slides directory, but LF isn't using it for anything.

Had a play with the skin and found out how to do it.
If you 'Edit' the movie file and open the 'LightFlow' panel you will see a field for external source. Enter the movie filename, Chrome_promo.mp4, then remake the album.
Before retesting check that the browser has a QuickTime plug-in installed as that is needed.
jGromit

Posted: 18-Sep-2016 17:33   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

That gives me "File not found." It's looking for the video at the root level, but it's in slides, of course.

If I enter the external location as slides/Chrome_promo.mp4, it works, but only "sort of." Clicking on the thumbnail opens the video, but just in an otherwise-empty browser window - no navigation, no captions, no nothing. It plays with the browser's native MP4 ability, with a <video> tag - no plugins needed. To get back to the album, you have to hit the browser's Back button.

Well, mystery solved, in any event. LightFlow doesn't really include full "video support" as we understand it.

(And geez, who still installs QuickTime? Apple dropped support for the Windows version earlier this year. Dead dog.)
jGromit

Posted: 18-Sep-2016 17:38   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Oh, and if anyone still has QuickTime on a Windows machine, it should be removed. There were two "zero-day vulnerability" warnings about security problems with it. Apple's response was to drop support for it - there is no patch to address the problems.

QuickTime X on an Apple platform is apparently a very different animal.
kaya

Posted: 19-Sep-2016 09:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks guys for poking around ;)
Quicktime is just an option, users don't need to use it. At the time it was not deprecated yet.

So you say mp4 don't play? I looked at the code: At least, LightFlow's knows that mp4 is a media/video file :) but I hadn't yet the time to verify if it's playing.

Btw. "external source" means to embed a video from an external website such as youtube or dailymotion or others into your LightFlow album. Here is LightFlows documentation about:
http://kaya.jalbum.net/LightFlow/v3/extSrc.html

Right-hand of the external source textfield is a button. Once clicked it tries to extract the video so the user don't need to poke in the html source code to extract the video URL.
Hover with the mouse over the elements to get a help tooltip.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Sep-2016 13:03   in response to: kaya in response to: kaya

Attachment Archer.mov (458,6 KB)
Well, it's simple enough to test. Add a video to a jAlbum 13 project, with jAlbum video support turned on (so jAlbum will convert it to MP4). Make the album. Try to watch the video. You'll get what you see in my sample album.

Here's a video that I use for testing a lot - it has the virtue of being very short, so jAlbum processes it almost instantly.
kaya

Posted: 19-Sep-2016 19:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks jGromit, you're right, something is broken with video support. The params are not properly passed to the html template. I'll need to check the versions when the regression happened.
jGromit

Posted: 19-Sep-2016 20:29   in response to: kaya in response to: kaya

Just a guess, but might it have something to do with jAlbum putting the processed videos in slides instead of the root of the output? The originalPath and videoPath variables should point to it reliably, but if the skin was assuming the file would be at the root, and just grabbing the file name, things could go awry.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums