This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Oct-2016 23:33 Last Post By: AndreWolff
becsta

One map for all photos
Posted: 31-May-2016 09:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Map1.PNG (1,1 MB)
Attachment Map2.PNG (1,1 MB)
Attachment Map3.PNG (1,2 MB)
I noticed that there is not much activity here and it seems that this skin may no longer be supported but I was hoping that someone might be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

What I am after is a single map that shows all my photos. I keep a blog for my motorbike rides and would like to embed the map at the start of the blog. I have sort of managed to do this with picasa and goggle maps but picasa is being shut down and is not exactly what I would like. This is a link to one I have created https://www.google.com/maps/%40-35.2567%2C149.1221395%2C12z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m2%216m1%211szxjQZOEB6TQE.kGeKOflOEjLI

I would like to be able to click on a photo and it show as bigger rather than redirect like this does. When I put these photos in jAlbum with the PositionMap skin it gives me 54 different pages. I also can not see the photos marked on the map, when I hover over the thumbnails of the photos above the map they show up on the map but they are not marked as points on it.

If this can not do as I would like is there another skin that can? I am currently trialing jAlbum and if I can get it to work as I require I will purchase the software.

I have attached three pictures the first is what it looks like when I go into the album the second is when I hover over a photo the third is how I would like it to look (this is a picture of the link I put above). With how I would like it to look I would be happy with just markers instead of the thumbnail.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: jGromit on 31-May-2016 07:52, to fix link
RobM

Re: One map for all photos
Posted: 31-May-2016 12:40   in response to: becsta in response to: becsta

Kaya might have a solution for you but if not you can look at skins with Google Map support by entering Google map in the search field, there are currently eight, one might give what you want.
jGromit

Posted: 31-May-2016 13:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Offhand, I don't think any of those would do the trick. As a rule, skins with map support provide a way to link from an image to a map, rather than the other way around.

(BTW, the forum software stubbornly refuses to recognize the original poster's URL to his map - I'm still tinkering with it! Edit: got it. :) )
becsta

Posted: 01-Jun-2016 06:40   in response to: becsta in response to: becsta

Thanks for the responses. I was hoping I had finally found the solution, I have been looking for something to do this for a very long time.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14-Oct-2016 23:33   in response to: becsta in response to: becsta

becsta wrote:
I have been looking for something to do this for a very long time.
Both the Slide Show 4 skin and the PhotoSwipe skin do have the possibility to show a map with indications where the photos are made, see for example the Slide Show 4 sample album. Clicking the map icon ( second icon below the theme image ) will open the map. Click on a camera icons to open the corresponding slide page.

The map is made by my program EditPhotoInfo which you can download free of charge from my download page. My note How to add a map to a Slide Show 4 album gives more information.

And of course it is possible to show the location of each photo from the Slide Page, that is a standard feature of the Slide Show 4 skin.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums