This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Apr-2016 16:24 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

How to remove a thumbnail from the jAlbum Albums page?
Posted: 12-Apr-2016 10:35

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment DeleteMissing.PNG (334.1 KB)
I made a test album on my own server in the past and deleted the output directory later.
The thumbnail used to open that test album is still on my Albums page of my jAlbum homepage, see enclosed screen shot DeleteMissing.PNG

If I go with the mouse over that thumbnail, I see only two buttons: 'Edit Album' and 'Share'.

I think a third button is missing: 'Delete album'.

How should I remove this thumbnail which links to a non-existing album?
AnCa

Re: How to remove a thumbnail from the jAlbum Albums page?
Posted: 12-Apr-2016 11:31   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The search result view does unfortunately not have the delete option. You need to go to your album listing on your profile page to delete it. I might add it to the search page in the future.
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Apr-2016 12:48   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
You need to go to your album listing on your profile page to delete it.
If I do that, which is very unpractical because I have to investigate 20 pages, that album is not found.

You see that thumbnail only if you do a search!

BTW is there a way to see only a list of titles without images of the albums, like is possible in the Windows Explorer? In that way I could perhaps see all the albums on one page!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 12-Apr-2016 12:50
AnCa

Posted: 12-Apr-2016 15:33   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
BTW is there a way to see only a list of titles without images of the albums
If you want a text only list, you can use the mobile api:
http://jalbum.net/mobile-api/search-albums?format=json&query=user:andrewolff%20barcelona
;-)
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Apr-2016 19:58   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
http://jalbum.net/mobile-api/search-albums?format=json&query=user:andrewolff%20barcelona
You are joking! That is not the type of list I see in the Windows Explorer!!

And you do a Search for a an album, but I like to see a text list of all albums!
AnCa

Posted: 13-Apr-2016 14:28   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
AnCa wrote:
You are joking!
Was it the winking smiley that gave me away? :-)

And you do a Search for a an album, but I like to see a text list of all albums!
That link gives you a list of albums. It's exactly the same list as you did on the search page. But I can agree that the result is a bit less user friendly, unless you know how to parse JSON.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13-Apr-2016 15:05   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
But I can agree that the result is a bit less user friendly, unless you know how to parse JSON.
And I don't know that, so for me it is not working.

But back to the original problem: the Search function shows albums who do no longer exist?
AnCa

Posted: 13-Apr-2016 15:23   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Helpful
AndreWolff wrote:
AnCa wrote:
But I can agree that the result is a bit less user friendly, unless you know how to parse JSON.
And I don't know that, so for me it is not working.
I'd say we have zero users that were born as JSON-parsers, so its not working for anyone. But the iOS and Android apps are happy that the link exists.

But back to the original problem: the Search function shows albums who do no longer exist?
The search index is updated every 8th hour, so there is a delay when adding and removing albums. And we have more than one server, so the result can differ from server to server if the album has been added or removed recently.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13-Apr-2016 16:24   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
The search index is updated every 8th hour, so there is a delay when adding and removing albums. And we have more than one server, so the result can differ from server to server if the album has been added or removed recently.
Well I thought it was deleted more then 8 hours ago, but anyhow it disappeared now from my search!

Thanks for your explanation.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums