This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Mar-2016 20:56 Last Post By: johnnyjomp Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
johnnyjomp

Help! I deleted my album settings file and don't want to start over!
Posted: 26-Mar-2016 22:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello everyone
I have saved my website on my local machine, but now that I want to add content to it I can't remember the settings (skin, etc) I have used. I have a local .jap file, but it does not produce the same site as what I have already created, leading me to believe it isnt the correct file.
Would someone pop on over to my site and see if you can figure out at least what the skin is?
www.jomp-photographics.com

Much appreciated!
John
jGromit

Re: Help! I deleted my album settings file and don't want to start over!
Posted: 27-Mar-2016 17:42   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp
Helpful
That's easy. Just look at the source code for the page! You'll see this on line 6:
<meta name='generator' content='jAlbum 12.7.2 with Matrix 25, Custom style, album creation date 2015.07.15'>
Alas, you didn't use the jAlbum uploader, so there's no lifeboat.zip file on the server, which would include the project settings file. There's no other "magic" way to reconstruct the settings from the album itself, so if you've dumped the original jalbum-settings.jap, you'll have to start from scratch.
johnnyjomp

Re: Help! I deleted my album settings file and don't want to start over!
Posted: 27-Mar-2016 20:56   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks Gromit! I will keep this in mind. I was able to recover the original file from a 2015 backup that turned out to to be close to what I needed, and I figured out again how to edit what I needed.
All it good!
Thanks again
John
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums