This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 49 - Pages: 4 [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 07-Jul-2017 18:54 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
gcolin

JAlbum 13: collaborative album
Posted: 24-Nov-2015 00:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

Congratulations for this new version. I especially like the new possibility of collaborative albums in the current version.
Is it possible to add photos directly into a subfolder, and, if so, how?

Thanks in advance. Regards

Gérard
RobM

Re: JAlbum 13: collaborative album
Posted: 24-Nov-2015 09:37   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

Adding collaborative photos to subfolders would be a complex operation, both for the sender and jAlbum. The sender would need to provide the full path to the subfolder in question and jAlbum would need to parse that programmatically at the same time as differentiating it from the comments attached to the photo. Is it something that you think would be nice or something you think necessary?
davidekholm

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 10:31   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

Thank you for your suggestion. We're looking into this. If supported, I suggest that the title of such emails be of the format:
albumName/subFolder/SubFolder...

and that all attached images in such mail goes inside the same sub folder. (I can say that support for sub folders is already implemented on the client side, but has to be added to the server side too)
gcolin

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 13:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Hello. Thank you for your answers. It would be fantastic......... I want it, pleaaaaaaase :-)

Here is my gallery, with a lot of subfolder.
http://gcolin.jalbum.net/Cyclos/index.html

Until this moment, Photographers who work with me send the pictures on my mail, and I put them online.

Collaborative albums are already a nice progress. With the ability to manage subfolders, I would have (almost) nothing to do. The dream :-)

Regards. Gérard
AnCa

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 16:10   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

gcolin wrote:
Hello. Thank you for your answers. It would be fantastic......... I want it, pleaaaaaaase :-)
The dream :-)
Dreams do sometimes come true. We're now supporting subfolders, by having a subject like albumName/subfoler/a deeper folder/reeeealy deep

Only forward slashes are currently supported, but the names are trimmed from spaces, so albumName / subfolder / subsubfolder works fine.

If the folder is missing in jAlbum, it's created, so a misspelled folder becomes a new folder. Not sure what is best here....
gcolin

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 18:39   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Yeeeeeah.....

I tried, it works even for the creation of a new folder.

A huge thank you to all

I will test it in every way

Regards Gérard
davidekholm

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 20:18   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

Thanks for the quick fix!
gcolin

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 22:20   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

Attachment file3.jpg (203.6 KB)
Attachment file2.jpg (54.4 KB)
Attachment file1.jpg (99.9 KB)
Hi

After several tests, folders and subfolders are perfectly managed. If the subfolder does not exist, it is created. Perfect
The only problem I have is that the captions added to the photos is not included. I've probably made a mistake by entering the legends, but after several tries, I can not find

here is what I did
File1, email send with pics and comments
File2, answer from album server
File3, Result on my Jalbum Software

on Mac Os 10.11.1, Album 13.0.8, turtle 5.4.2

Thanks
RobM

Posted: 24-Nov-2015 23:46   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

I just tested with a subfolder that did not exist, it was made within the project but all of the image comments have been stripped out.

Edited by: RobM on 24-Nov-2015 22:51
Same result when adding to an existing subfolder
RobM

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 00:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

The problem seems to be when you have more than one image attached.
A single image keeps the comment but two or more doesn't
gcolin

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 10:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hi In my case, for the comment, it doesn't work, even with only one picture. Thanks
AnCa

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 13:53   in response to: gcolin in response to: gcolin

gcolin wrote:
Hi In my case, for the comment, it doesn't work, even with only one picture. Thanks
Strange... The server log indicates that the captions are injected into your images. And I even tried sending your images to my album using your captions (if there is a problem with your jpegs or the French texts), and they all have caption when they arrive...

The only thing I can't check are the images after the captions have been injected. Can you email the images again to your album with captions, but not let jAlbum fetch them, so I can check them while they are in your inbox?
RobM

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 14:53   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Would it be worth you setting up a collaborative test album, then users can send them to you for controlled testing?
AnCa

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 15:09   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Would it be worth you setting up a collaborative test album, then users can send them to you for controlled testing?
I (anca@jalbum.net) have actually one album called "Collaborative" that I use for testing, but you could use that too.

I'm checking the issue you are having with the captions, and that is clearly a server issue. There are a lot of ways to email a text with attached photos, so it's tricky to cover all cases. And yours is one I haven't covered... :)

But if you send me two photos with captions to my "Collaborative" album, I can do some tests. You might get multiple email replies while I run the tests. Just ignore them....
RobM

Posted: 25-Nov-2015 16:13   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

I'll send them tonight, I use an iPad during the day but I will email a couple from this too.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums