This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Nov-2015 10:46 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Geotagging pictures and making a map page for most skins
Posted: 03-Nov-2015 12:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
With my program EditPhotoInfo which you can download free of charge from my software download page you can geotag photos and make a Google Earth kml file of the geotagged photos. In the Google Earth program you can add a possible GPS track. For more information read my note How to add a map to a Slide Show 4 album.

Program EditPhotoInfo makes automatically a webpage GoogleMap.html to display the track and the locations where the pictures have been made.
You can display this in most skins (requires EditPhotInfo version 4.2.7.4) which support custom links to this file GoogleMap.html.

As an example of this method see my latest Pieterpad album, which is made with the Slide Show 4 skin.
It is in Dutch, but you can open a map bij clicking the 'Kaart' button. Next click a camera icon to see the picture taken at that position.

Other examples:
my Base skin test album or
my Gromit test album or
my Matrix test album or
my Turtle test album or
my Minimal skin test album or
my Fully skin test album.

Program EditPhotoInfo has more jAlbum related functions: you can edit comment in the EXIF data block of a picture and you can make external (360 degrees-) panorama webpages.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Nov-2015 21:43
karlmistelberger

Re: Geotagging pictures and making a map page for most skins
Posted: 09-Nov-2015 17:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The download page says: "This program requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 which is automatically installed if required."

I think program EditPhotoInfo will die a horrible death on my machine which operates on openSuse 13.2.
AndreWolff

Posted: 09-Nov-2015 18:17   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

karlmistelberger wrote:
I think program EditPhotoInfo will die a horrible death on my machine which operates on openSuse 13.2.
No this program runs only on a Windows PC and I have no plans to port it to Linux!
AndreWolff

Posted: 18-Nov-2015 10:46   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

It is also possible with the PhotoBlogger skin, see my PhotoBlogger test album
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums