This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Nov-2015 06:29 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
66tatwood

Is Banana Album Still Flash-Based?
Posted: 03-Nov-2015 01:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am not a techie! So this may be a dumb question. But is Banana album still Flash-based? It's just that on non flash mobile devices (e.g. iphone), the skin serves up a simpler way of viewing images? I assume this is so, but if I used a different skin such as Slim, then Slim would be non-Flash based, so Slim would work on all devices? Thanks.
SkiFreak

Re: Is Banana Album Still Flash-Based?
Posted: 03-Nov-2015 05:48   in response to: 66tatwood in response to: 66tatwood

BananAlbum has always been flash based and I guess that it always will be.
This means that it will never work well on an Apple device, or any other device that does not support flash.
Flash definitely had its day, but I think that those days are gone now, given the current capabilities of HTML5.
Many people still use BananAlbum, but it's not really mobile friendly.
jGromit

Re: Is Banana Album Still Flash-Based?
Posted: 03-Nov-2015 06:29   in response to: 66tatwood in response to: 66tatwood

A non-Flash skin will "work" on mobile devices, but may not work well on smaller monitors, like those on smartphones. A skin like Chameleon, for example, would be a poor choice if you want to appeal to smartphone users - the thumbnail table doesn't adapt to the size of the viewport, and the slide images are a fixed size. You'd want a skin that claims to be "responsive."
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums