This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Feb-2016 22:12 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

My top 1 feature request: Option 'Enable the automatic mobile version'
Posted: 21-Aug-2015 23:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
All modern skins should be mobile friendly and responsive, so they do not need an automatic mobile version. But these skins are punished, because they have to set the option 'Disable the automatic mobile version for this album' for each created album.

I think the option should be changed in 'Enable the automatic mobile version for this album', so that old skins which are not mobile friendly and responsive are punished instead.
davidekholm

Re: My top 1 feature request: Option 'Enable the automatic mobile version'
Posted: 01-Feb-2016 14:15   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
If new skins have the "Responsive" feature checked, then albums made with them will not have the mobile wrapper applied.
JeffTucker

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 15:23   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

How does the site know which skin was used? Is it looking at the widget code?
AnCa

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 15:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

When the album is added to your profile the client sends the name of the skin as a parameter, so it doesn't rely on the widget code. (But the name of the skin is unfortunately not updated if the album later changes skin...)
JeffTucker

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 15:35   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
When the album is added to your profile the client sends the name of the skin as a parameter, so it doesn't rely on the widget code.

I thought that might be the case, since it also prompts for a "like" during the upload. I just wasn't sure whether it was being stored somewhere.
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 22:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Yes, it is a good idea to use that responsive check-mark!

Thanks for this change!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums