This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27-Jun-2015 21:05 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ufalbum

Remove link to slideshow if no slides are available
Posted: 27-Jun-2015 10:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I hope that my question has not been answered until now. Otherwise please give me a hint to the corresponding thread.
Q: If the main folder of an album contains no slides but only folders (with slides naturally!), a link to slideshow is confusing. Is there a way to suppress this link in slideless folders?
Greetings

Edit:
Sorry, this is an issue of Galleria, not of Turtle.

Edited by: ufalbum on 27-Jun-2015 13:12
jGromit

Re: Remove link to slideshow if no slides are available
Posted: 27-Jun-2015 13:22   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

(Thread moved.)
jGromit

Posted: 27-Jun-2015 13:26   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum
Correct
When I make a Galleria album with just folders at the top level, no individual images, I'm not seeing a link to the slideshow. On the other hand, if I include just one image at that top level, so that there's something "big" to show on the page, it does provide that slideshow option. So I suppose what you'd really like is to have the slideshow option turned off if there are fewer than two images at any given level. Does that sound right?
ufalbum

Posted: 27-Jun-2015 17:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Hi,
you are right, only if there is at least 1 image in the top level a link to a slideshow is present. The only solution I know is to modify the page-header.inc of Galleria where the number of images ist tested against >0. If changed to >1 or a greater number then you may set the desired amount of necessary slides.
I would prefer if there is a global setting to set the desired number in those skins offering a slideshow.
Greetings
jGromit

Posted: 27-Jun-2015 18:07   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

The developer of Galleria is no longer with jAlbum, so it's unlikely there will be any new versions. As you have discovered, you can simply edit line 68 of the page-header.inc file and change totalThumbnailCount > 0 to totalThumbnailCount > 1.

You could take it one step further and create a variable for that count in the user interface, and change page-header.inc to check against that variable.

Each skin is different, so there's no way for a jAlbum-wide setting to be used to control this.
ufalbum

Posted: 27-Jun-2015 20:31   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Each skin is different, that's true. Nevertheless I would appreciate if at least the default skin, Turtle, will offer such an option in the future.
Greetings
jGromit

Posted: 27-Jun-2015 21:05   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum
Helpful
Post it as a suggestion in the Turtle forum section. It's a good idea - it's kind of odd to offer to start an automated slideshow when there's only one image in a folder!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums