This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 124 - Pages: 9 [ Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] - Last Post: 25-Jul-2015 21:51 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JeffTucker

Re: How to set maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight in a Custom panel?
Posted: 11-Jun-2015 13:32   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Yes! The compiler is much happier now, and everything works as advertised.

Take an extra cookie for yourself. :)
monkeyboy

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 13:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

if (cookie < pony) {
	System.out.println(":(");
}
JeffTucker

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 14:18   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Sorry, but we're fresh out of ponies. Could I interest you in a low-mileage burro?
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 18:17   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Yes that works fine! Thanks for your help.

If have now only one warning left:
SkinUI.java:96: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to put(K,V) as a member of the raw type Map
  application.put("playlist", ui.playlist);
                 ^
  where K,V are type-variables:
    K extends Object declared in interface Map
    V extends Object declared in interface Map
1 warning
with this code:
  // Controls that are to be imported into JAlbum as variables
  ui = new SkinPanel();

application.put("playlist", ui.playlist);
Any idea?
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 18:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
I'm using a variation on ctwist's excellent code in the next releases of a couple of my skins. I allow Matrix/MatrixSlide users to tell the skin to treat a specific image as a pano,
So ctwist's excellent code will be added to the Classic Aligned 2 skin, to the Matrix skin and to the the Slide Show 4 skin.

Don't you think it is more efficient if this is added to jAlbum in the next release? In that case all other skins can use it!

I still prefer this proposal but it is better as doing nothing.
JeffTucker

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 18:37   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Don't you think it is more efficient if this is added to jAlbum in the next release? In that case all other skins can use it!

No. I'm implementing it in a very different way from what other skin developers might do, because of the unique requirements of my skins. It's not even in the regular "skin" custom panel on the right side of the image editing window. A "standard" jAlbum solution would be of no use to me whatsoever. In fact, it would interfere with what my skins need.
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Jun-2015 21:35   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
I have fixed some of the compiler warnings, but I didn't want to overcomplicate this example. I will describe this in a separate thread.
The current method also if compiled, requires that you always makes an album with the Make All function, if you just click the Make button, you see no effect if you clear a panorama check-box which was set before.
ctwist

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 00:02   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
The current method also if compiled, requires that you always makes an album with the Make All function, if you just click the Make button, you see no effect if you clear a panorama check-box which was set before.
You may need an extra tweak that I think I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Try this after clearing the check-box:
1) Navigate to a different image and then Make Changes. Does this work?
2) Navigate to a different setting for the current image, so that the check-box loses focus. Make Changes. Does this work?
JeffTucker

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 00:06   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

You don't want to test with Make Changes - that will never reprocess any images, no matter what. You want to test with Make Album.

Make Changes earns my nomination for the most misunderstood option in jAlbum. Not even experienced users/developers know what it does!
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 09:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
Make Changes earns my nomination for the most misunderstood option in jAlbum. Not even experienced users/developers know what it does!
I fully agree with you!

Is clicking the 'Make album' button, the same as 'Make changes' (Alt+F9)?

Jalbum gives a yellow hint message for all buttons in the lower left corner except for the 'Make album' button!

I mostly just click the 'Make album' button to update an album. and I think only the changes willl be done, so also in the example above, but that is in that case not correctly working.
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 09:34   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

ctwist wrote:
Yes and for your information I just click the 'Make album'button.
2) Navigate to a different setting for the current image, so that the check-box loses focus. Make Changes. Does this work?
No. If I clear the checkbox and next click the arrow before the camera panel and next click the 'Make album' button, the size of the panorama slide is too big (unchanged).

If I clear the checkbox and next click the 'Make album' button, the size of the panorama slide is also too big (unchanged).
JeffTucker

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 13:11   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Is clicking the 'Make album' button, the same as 'Make changes' (Alt+F9)?

No. That's what I thought for a long time, but....

• Make Album tells jAlbum to make the album, applying whatever changes are necessary - new settings, reprocessing images that need to be reprocessed, and so on.
  • Make All tells jAlbum to reprocess all the images, whether it needs to or not.
  • Make Changes tells jAlbum to make the album with whatever new settings you've chosen, but it will not reprocess any images, even if you've changed the image bounds. In other words, it's something to do a quick check of skin settings changes, like a different font size on the captions, or a different position for the titles, or a color change.
JeffTucker

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 13:18   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Just curious, but does it work OK if you leave image-editing mode after making the selection, and return to Explore mode before you click Make Album?

I haven't run into this problem, but maybe it's because I'm using this kind of routine in the Matrix popup custom UI. There's way too much stuff to cram it all into the little right-hand panel, so I have a completely separate window that opens up. Just did a quick test, and it works even if you choose different image bounds for one image, leave that popup window open, and click Make Album - that one image gets reprocessed, as it should.
ctwist

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 13:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
You don't want to test with Make Changes - that will never reprocess any images, no matter what. You want to test with Make Album.
In this instance, I don't care about album generation. I just want to find out whether or not the image settings were saved before album generation started. Make Changes is the fastest way to determine this.
ctwist

Posted: 12-Jun-2015 13:49   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
ctwist wrote:
Yes and for your information I just click the 'Make album'button.
I have a fix for this. I will provide it in 2 days.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums