This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Apr-2015 11:04 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
xuanbinhco

how to add domain on jalbum?
Posted: 11-Apr-2015 07:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
i have domain (link removed) i want add domain this on Jalbum. i must have do?

Edited by: jGromit on 11-Apr-2015 06:48
JeffTucker

Re: how to add domain on jalbum?
Posted: 11-Apr-2015 12:54   in response to: xuanbinhco in response to: xuanbinhco

You can't add your own domain to jAlbum. Your jalbum.net site address can be used only for hosting jAlbum albums - it is not a general-purpose web host.

You can create albums and host them here, then put links to them on your own page, or display them in iframes on your own page.

(The OP has a commercial domain that would not work on jalbum.net - loads of server-side stuff going on.)
AnCa

Posted: 13-Apr-2015 11:35   in response to: xuanbinhco in response to: xuanbinhco

You can point your domain to your jalbum address (xuanbinhco.jalbum.net) by adding a cname in your dns, and then add the domain to a list on your Settings page. That way you can access your albums stored on your jalbum storage using your own domain.
JeffTucker

Posted: 13-Apr-2015 13:00   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

This user's domain (I deleted the link, suspecting backlinking) contains a blog, a shopping cart, etc., etc., all things that wouldn't be possible on jalbum.net. Lots of PHP and databases.
AnCa

Posted: 14-Apr-2015 11:04   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes, true. We don't support that....
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums