This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-Mar-2015 10:55 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mvcc-glennie

Performance difference jalbum.net and on line website
Posted: 11-Mar-2015 15:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Our camera club currently uses Yahoo small business web hosting for its website. I am testing using jalbum for some of our web galleries (and love it so far).

O have an album that I created using the fully skin that that loads an moves between subalbums almost instantaneously on jalbum.net (http://mvcc-glennie.jalbum.net/2015%20Glennie/)

When I upload it to the yahoo server it takes about 15 seconds to load the subalbums or even the slash image on our landing page (http://www.mvcameraclub.org/Glennie/submit/uploader/uploaded_images/2015Glennie/Salon%20Awards/index.htm)

The menus & logo display immediately, then there's a big delay, finally the sharing icons display and the first image displays almost immediately after that.

The album was created using desktop version 12.5.3.

What should I be looking at to try to improve the performance of our locally hosted version?
mvcc-glennie

Re: Performance difference jalbum.net and on line website
Posted: 11-Mar-2015 20:10   in response to: mvcc-glennie in response to: mvcc-glennie

I believe the performance issues I am seeing are due to the fully skin. I cloned the album & applied the turtle skin. That version when uploaded to our web server is much faster.

Any thoughts on why fully runs so fast on jalbum.net but not on my local web server? Moe importantly, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.
AnCa

Re: Performance difference jalbum.net and on line website
Posted: 12-Mar-2015 10:55   in response to: mvcc-glennie in response to: mvcc-glennie
Helpful
I would like to say that it's because our servers are superior to Yahoo's.... :-)

But I suspect that it's because Yahoo seems to add a visitor counter to the bottom of the HTML-code, that can't be fetched. It times out after 40 seconds, and the Fully skin in the meantime waits for it before showing any photos. The Turtle skin does not wait and thus shows the photos faster.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums