This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Jun-2014 18:54 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
joel39

Finding an "Easy Eraser" in Jalbum
Posted: 12-Jun-2014 22:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I thought it would be a good idea to point my camera directly into an incandescent bulb for the brightest possible image (on those days when there was little sunshine). TERRIBLE IDEA. As fellow Jalbum member Ruud called to my attention, when I pointed the digitizing camera directly into the light of an incandescent bulb, I got a gray circle on the digitized image.

This has left me with dozens of marred images due to my "clever" shortcut. It would be an enormous project to recopy all those slides.

Picasa has a method for erasing mistakes like mine, but it's complicated and beyond my understanding, SO: does anyone have an "easy eraser" I can use to remove the ugly blot from some of my slides? Nota bene - Paint is also beyond me.

What I am looking for would be to use the cursor and "scrape" off the blot.
jGromit

Re: Finding an "Easy Eraser" in Jalbum
Posted: 12-Jun-2014 22:58   in response to: joel39 in response to: joel39
Correct
(Thread moved - this has nothing to do with uploading an album.)
jGromit

Posted: 12-Jun-2014 23:08   in response to: joel39 in response to: joel39

If you're talking about images like the attached Elsinore defenses, the Picasa retouching tool is the easiest thing you're going to find. It took me less than 15 seconds to produce the "fixed" version, also attached.
mrag

Posted: 14-Jun-2014 02:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I'm not familiar yet with Picasa, but it took about 10 seconds in Irfanview to come up with this "version." I suspect the fix is in the method used. In my case, I went with the 'clone tool.' Note that I am not the perfectionist as some others are ;-)
jGromit

Posted: 14-Jun-2014 18:54   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

Attachment ss000879.png (274,9 KB)
Attachment ss000880.png (219,6 KB)
Attachment ss000881.png (267,6 KB)
Attachment ss000882.png (247,0 KB)
Attachment ss000883.png (211,9 KB)
A quick lesson in using the Picasa retouching tool to remove what I refer to as "sky blemishes..."

• Open the image for editing in Picasa, and select the Retouch tool (see ss000879).
  • Adjust the Brush Size so that it's just a bit larger than the blemish you're trying to remove (ss000880).
  • Position the tool over the blemish and click (ss000881).
  • Now position the tool in the clear sky area and click again (ss000882).
  • If you're lucky, this might be enough to fix the problem, but if it leaves some of the blemish, try positioning the tool over just part of the remaining blemish and clicking (ss000883). Then position in the clear sky area and click again. This "nibbling" procedure sometimes works better if you reduce the brush size first.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums