This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Mar-2014 11:03 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
tim-kiefer

Mr Burns 5 skin - IE11 - background color other than black
Posted: 19-Feb-2014 16:05

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I love this skin. However, I get weird results with an Internet Explorer (IE11) - but only when I set a background color other than black. The background color seems be "merged" into the pictures. When I use a red background, all pictures are reddish... when using white, no pictures show at all. Any ideas???
Thanks!
  • tim
jGromit

Re: Mr Burns 5 skin - IE11 - background color other than black
Posted: 19-Feb-2014 16:10   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

Are you referring to the Mr.Burns skin (which is Flash), or the Mr.Burn5 skin (which is HTML5)?
tim-kiefer

Posted: 19-Feb-2014 16:41   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Sorry for not mentioning it... I am referring to the Mr.Burns5 skin (HTML5). Flash is not option in my case as it gives me other headaches.
  • tim
jGromit

Posted: 19-Feb-2014 16:51   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

I'm not seeing that effect in IE11. Can you give us a link to your album?

If I set the background color to red, the initial frame has a red tint, until I hit the "Play" button. From then on, the pictures are all normal. Ditto for any other color. In fact, given how little difference it makes, I'm not sure why anyone would choose a color other than black.
tim-kiefer

Posted: 19-Feb-2014 21:14   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Hi jGromit,

sorry for the delays...

Here is a link to the album:
http://tim-kiefer.net/album/tramp_test/

Here is a screenshot of what I see in IE (all greenish):
http://www.tim-kiefer.net/screen.jpg

I don't have the same problem with firefox.

I don't want to use any exotic color as background. Instead, I would like to embed the album in another website with a white background. Having pictures in different orientations leads to ugly black boxes at the sides (see here: http://www.tim-kiefer.net/test2.html - just replace the green with black in your head). If I use a white background in jalbum, I don't see any pictures (then, they are not greenish, but whitish ;) ) - hence the testing with red/green.

Does that make sense?
jGromit

Posted: 19-Feb-2014 21:19   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

This is one that dr-m will have to look at. When I first load the page in IE11, I see just solid green. Then if I hit refresh (F5), I get the green-tinted images that you're seeing. So, there are really two problems here.

(And yes, Firefox and Chrome seem to be fine - it's just IE11 that chokes!)
tim-kiefer

Posted: 19-Feb-2014 21:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

The album is configured to start automatically... sometimes, I have to hit F5 before it starts... sometimes the pictures start right away. In any case, the pics are greenish... so that is the main concern for me.

Thanks for checking!
mrag

Posted: 21-Feb-2014 11:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment burn557.jpg (47,0 KB)
jGromit wrote:
This is one that dr-m will have to look at. When I first load the page in IE11, I see just solid green. Then if I hit refresh (F5), I get the green-tinted images that you're seeing. So, there are really two problems here.

(And yes, Firefox and Chrome seem to be fine - it's just IE11 that chokes!)

The FIRST time I looked at the album in IE11, it was a light green with the faint image in the background like Tim's screenshot . Going back after that, the screen starts with a solid green (lime?) screen until I press F5. Then the show continues with the green washed out images UNTIL it cycles through the images. THEN the screen turns solid green again for 8 or so seconds before continuing to show the wash out images.

It seems there are 6 images in the album, but IE11 is only showing me 4. It does NOT show me the ones in the attached. That is where I see the solid green screen. Just as a wild stab in the dark, what happens if you take the two photos out of the album? Is a corrupt image(s) causing the problem?
tim-kiefer

Posted: 21-Feb-2014 13:04   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

I've removed the two pictures... without success. Now another picture is not showing. The last pictures does not appear befor the show starts over. And everything is still greenish.

You can double-check if you want - it is the same link.

tim
mrag

Posted: 21-Feb-2014 16:49   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

Attachment burn9.jpg (58,8 KB)
This is one that dr-m will have to look at.

I think that remains clearly the best advice. I see you're down to 4 images in the album and now 1 image doesn't show in IE11 and of course the green washout on all the images. Actually I just restarted IE11 a second time and pressed F5 and the "missing" image appeared this time in the show! However when I pressed F5 again, the "missing" (people laying in side, arm extended) went missing again?

So to summarize in IE11:
1) You get a solid green screen on opening
2) you need press F5 to start
3) all images are getting 'washed out' (in a greenish color)
4) an image or two will not display at all

Just for fun, can you try a portrait, landscape, portrait, landscape order. Did you do any processing of the images outside of jAlbum? Like in Lightbox or anything? Or are these straight from camera into jAlbum?

Calling dr-m
tim-kiefer

Posted: 22-Feb-2014 12:45   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

Just for fun... portrait, landscape, portrait, landscape, ... I've add all 6 pictures again. I don't really see a pattern.

Also, the pictures went through some post processing in Lightroom.
mrag

Posted: 22-Feb-2014 13:46   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

In your latest version at the same address , the 6 image album works fine in FireFox. IE11 is still a mess. And this time I am only seeing 2 of the 6 images!

A lot of energy is currently being expended on the next jAlbum version (12b) and probably the reason dr-m has not been here yet.

(you can probably guess my next "Hail Mary" suggestion while waiting for dr-m, make the album again, but this time without any images that have seen Lightroom or any other post processing program. Use any 3-4 (portrait and landscape) jpg images direct from camera.)
dr-m

Posted: 26-Feb-2014 09:36   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

Hi I'm the author of the skin, I'll try to reproduce it myself and see what happens. I can't say I've noticed it before, but then again I haven't gone too crazy with the background colours. Could be a bug. I get similar results even with my own photos, so yeah IE 11 is buggy.

Say what you will about Flash, but it does provide a much more consistent experience all the way well below IE 8. Today IE 11 + Chrome even include and update their own Flash version. The only real culprit is mobile support, especially on iOS.

We're focusing on other areas right now, mainly jAlbum 12, but also a completely new product is in the making.

Anyway I will put it on my list, if we're lucky it's a quick fix.

Edited by: dr-m on 26-Feb-2014 09:43

Edited by: dr-m on 26-Feb-2014 09:47
tim-kiefer

Posted: 26-Feb-2014 12:29   in response to: dr-m in response to: dr-m

Cool... thanks for checking! I will check every once in a while for an update.

It is not an absolute show stopper right now as I can always use black as background color. It is just not as nice as it could be ;)

tim
davidekholm

Posted: 31-Mar-2014 11:03   in response to: tim-kiefer in response to: tim-kiefer

Hi Everyone. Mr.Burn5 now has its own forum section here.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums