This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Apr-2014 22:21 Last Post By: monkeyboy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
alessiobbt

Uncorrect three behaviur
Posted: 04-Feb-2014 11:30

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello everybody

After last update I've seen that the simpleviewer three is not working properly anymore.
Please visit the link to see what happens.
http://www.aefoto.it/events/champions-dor-mazagan/

The fisrt problem is that when a folder is clicked the gallery opens in a new tab. This happens using FFox (26) and IE(11) but with Chrome it works properly. Safari in app (ipad) works properly.
Second problem is that (in FFox and IE) every time a new folder is selected the complete page refresh. This cause a refresh also of the three it self that go back to initial position. In other cases (depends on the number of folders) it move back to the previus folder.

I'v seen this behaviur is not present selecting a previus version of simpleviewer skin.

What's the problem?

Thanks

Bye
monkeyboy

Re: Uncorrect three behaviur
Posted: 17-Mar-2014 10:42   in response to: alessiobbt in response to: alessiobbt

First of all, apologies for not replying to your query sooner.
I usually get email notifications when new messages are posted in this thread but this does not seem to have happened recently. I will check my notification preferences.

I have just viewed your gallery in Firefox 27.0.1 and IE11 and I see neither of the problems you report.
When clicking on a tree node, the corresponding gallery is opened in the correct target iframe (not a new tab or window). Also, when selecting a new folder, the page does not refresh.

I'm not sure what might be causing the problems but try completely clearing your browser caches before reloading your albums to ensure that your browsers are not hanging onto and using any older versions of your gallery files.

If this does not help, then you might like to try this SimpleViewerStandard skin. This skin has been written from the ground up, does not use iframes and incorporates a different JavaScript navigation tree (jsTree). It has not yet been included in the jAlbum skin repository (it currently uses what should hopefully be the final beta version of jsTree v3.0.0) but should be stable.
It does not have all the options that the existing skin has but you might find that it works better for you.

Edit:
I tried sending you a reply to your email but it bounced back with a delivery failure message.
Here's my reply to your other question:
By the way, is it possible add a link to caption area that opens a lightbox or a popup over the page?
It might technically be possible but it would be difficult to incorporate such functionality into a standalone gallery (let alone the skin).
Whatever lightbox script you choose to use, you would first need to load the required CSS and JavaScript files into the <head> section of the page.
You would then need to use links within your image captions which trigger a custom JavaScript function which would open the lightbox with the content you require.
However, there may be issues with trying to run a JavaScript function from a link within the gallery's XML file.
Also, because the galleries are loaded into an iframe, it may be a difficult task have the lightbox cover the entire browser window (and not just the iframe).
Unfortunately, such a project would likely turn out to be quite a complex task and would certainly require in-depth knowledge of HTML and JavaScript.

Edited by: monkeyboy on 17-Mar-2014 10:39
alessiobbt

Re: Uncorrect tree behaviur
Posted: 02-Apr-2014 00:03   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Hi monkeyboy

Thanks for your answer. Sorry but the url I left is wrong, I mean I replaced the gallery with one made with older version on sv cause that was for customers use.
I uploaded now a test one so you can check.

http://www.aefoto.it/events/testsv/

even if you call directly

http://www.aefoto.it/events/testsv/index.html

In the meantime I made some test: I installed a fresh version of jalbum (12), deleted the user jalbum folder, installed sv skin (6.10.23), I created a gallery with "out of the box" settings.
I tested the page with chrome, firefox and ie.
With chrome the frame works properly (even it "blinks" every time a new folder is selected)
Safar makes the same (frame blinks but works)
With firefox it opens a new tab (I tried with cache disabled, resetted firefox, disabled all addons.... no way)
IE 11 doesn't work, like firefox.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for standard skin, looking forward to see it in "action"

Thanks

Bye
monkeyboy

Posted: 02-Apr-2014 03:40   in response to: alessiobbt in response to: alessiobbt

Thank you for the URL to your album.
I think I have found the root of the problem.
Please try ( link removed ) (SimpleViewer v6.10.27).
If it works OK for you, I will upload it to the official skin repository.
Thank you for reporting the problem and testing.
alessiobbt

Posted: 03-Apr-2014 11:40   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Yeaaaaap!!!

Now it works perfectly in all browsers!
Thank you very much

Bye
monkeyboy

Posted: 03-Apr-2014 22:21   in response to: alessiobbt in response to: alessiobbt

That's great! Thank you for posting back to let me know.
I have now uploaded the new version of the skin.
It can be downloaded from here.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums