This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Dec-2013 15:26 Last Post By: dalem01 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
dalem01

Additional text pages
Posted: 08-Dec-2013 11:48

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello.
I like this skin but would like to ask a couple of questions prior to purchase.
Sorry to ask here but the developer website has been giving 503 errors all day and I have been unable to contact there.

I would like to know if it is possible to have several additional pages with only text, for example: 'About Me', 'My Equipment' and 'Contact Details' pages with links to these pages on the left side of the skin.
I have been trying with a demo version of the skin but unable to figure out if this is possible to do.

Also just out of interest previous visits to his website have shown that the last time FotoPlayer was updated was 15 Aug 2011 - v4.1.7 (over 2 years now since any development).
http://www.fotoplayer.com/features.html

Just wondering if it will be developed further in the future or is that it?

Could anyone give advice please.
Thanks.

Edited by: dalem01 on 08-Dec-2013 11:51

Edited by: dalem01 on 08-Dec-2013 11:56
jGromit

Re: Additional text pages
Posted: 08-Dec-2013 13:36   in response to: dalem01 in response to: dalem01
Helpful
The latest version of FotoPlayer is 4.1.15, released on Nov 12, 2012. You can view the release history by clicking "Show All" on the skin page: http://jalbum.net/skins/skin/FotoPlayer. Most of the releases since 4.1.7 have addressed jAlbum compatibility issues, rather than adding any new features.

I can't speak for dhina, the developer, but FotoPlayer is a Flash skin, and because Flash is not available on most mobile devices (iPad, Android), it is falling out of favor.

I'm not familiar with FotoPlayer, but there's a "Site Creator" tab in the skin settings, devoted to creating things like a "Contact" page. I can't quite sort out how to make it work, however - but again, I'm not a FotoPlayer user. The information on fotoplayer.com will probably be more helpful, but like you, I'm seeing nothing but 503 errors there. Try tomorrow.
dalem01

Re: Additional text pages
Posted: 08-Dec-2013 15:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Really appreciate your reply.
Thank you jGromit.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums