This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 17 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 25-May-2016 20:31 Last Post By: ampix Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
paipel

Problem with my album: virus or malware
Posted: 20-Sep-2013 16:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

if I want to click on my Website, I get the Information, that something goes wrong and I should click there. Nevertheless, I did this and everything went fine. But where is the Problem and what can I do to get rid of this Information?
Is it a Server problem or has to do with jalbum?

Edited by: paipel on 20-Sep-2013 16:01
jGromit

Re: Problem with my album: virus or malware
Posted: 20-Sep-2013 16:04   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

We need a link to your website.
paipel

Posted: 20-Sep-2013 19:03   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

jGromit

Posted: 20-Sep-2013 19:58   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

Hmmm.... I'm not seeing anything suspicious in your page code. Usually in cases like this, there's clearly some Javascript that's been inserted by the malware on your PC or server, but it all appears to be standard jAlbum or BananAlbum code.

The Google blocking isn't real-time, so the page might have been infected at some time in the past. You might want to follow the link at the bottom of this page, and ask for a review:

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.lineup-shots.com
jGromit

Posted: 20-Sep-2013 20:36   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I take it back. There is, indeed, some hidden malicious Javascript on your page, starting on line 107 with "<!--32f02e--><script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" >"

What follows is heavily-encoded, and invisible when you view the page code, but if you copy everything from lines 107-109, and paste them into a text editor, you'll see a bunch of stuff.

Google for 32f02e, and you'll find a number of recent references to this infection.

This is not coming from jAlbum. Your site has been hacked. Either your PC is infected, or your server is infected. You'll need to take steps to disinfect your PC, using at least two different tools. Start with whatever anti-virus package you're using and do a full scan. Then you should also use a second tool, perhaps something like MalwareBytes, so do another full scan.

Then work with your web host to make sure your server hasn't been compromised. This can happen via an unsafe plugin to other software that you're using on the site.

Until your PC and server are clean, there's no point re-generating the album and uploading it again - it will just be infected again.
paipel

Posted: 06-Oct-2013 12:54   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

Thanks for your reply. I erased all my Content and uploaded it newly. Then I asked Google to recheck my site, so thar there is no more warning for my visitors. On my Computer everything works well. What about your, any warnings or are the infected lines still there?
Many thanks,

Paipel
jGromit

Posted: 06-Oct-2013 13:11   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

I"m not getting the browser warning any longer, and the trojan script isn't showing up in the page code, so things look good for now.

To prevent any reinfection, you should probably change your password(s) for you web hosting and FTP, and of course make sure the anti-malware software on your PC is up-to-date.
paipel

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 16:15   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

Hello,
Once again I get malware alerts on my website. What can I do? Is it bananalbum problem or does it come from my old jalbum version?
Any help is appreciated.
jGromit

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 16:24   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

paipel wrote:
Is it bananalbum problem or does it come from my old jalbum version?

Neither one. The problem is either that your PC is infected, or your web host account has been hacked. There's nothing that jAlbum or BananAlbum can do about it, either way.
paipel

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 18:02   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

It doesn't show when I view on my pc or tab. How can I detect, if it's on my pc or host? Any freeware options?
Obviously I get these problems regularly, could it be that I use older versions of jalbum and bananalbum. I tried to upgrade, but this destroyed completely my skin presets, so that I downgraded again.
Maybe these old versions are not safe enough for malware?

Edited by: paipel on 01-Feb-2016 18:03
jGromit

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 18:08   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

paipel wrote:
It doesn't show when I view on my pc or tab. How can I detect, if it's on my pc or host? Any freeware options?

I wish I could help, but I'm not a computer security expert, and I don't think anyone else here is, either. We know jAlbum, we know HTML and CSS, but we don't know much about dealing with viruses.

You might start by contacting your web host - perhaps they can tell whether your account has been hacked. On the PC sice, use whatever anti-virus package you have to scan your PC. Try installing the free version of Malwarebytes, and running a scan with that.

Obviously I get these problems regularly, could it be that I use older versions of jalbum and bananalbum.

Again, no. It doesn't matter whether you're using a new version, an old version, or some other application to make your web pages - the virus will infect your HTML files, no matter how they're generated. The virus has not infected jAlbum or BananAlbum - it's infected either your PC or your web hosting account.
paipel

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 20:29   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

Do you think it is possible to locate the malware. On my pc malwarebytes found nearly 900 malware files. Can I check also my Website?
jGromit

Posted: 01-Feb-2016 21:54   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

Malwarebytes can clean up the malware - you don't have to locate all of it by yourself.

It can't check your website, however.

Edit: By the way, 900 malware files is a huge number. In over 15 years of having home PC's, I don't think I've found more than a grand total of 6 or 7 malware files on the machines I've owned - I routinely go for several years without ever finding one. Are you not running any anti-virus/anti-malware software at all?
paipel

Posted: 02-Feb-2016 19:36   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Tanks for your help. Malwarebytes worked great. Can you recommand also a free and simple antivirus software which I can run from time to time?
jGromit

Posted: 02-Feb-2016 22:43   in response to: paipel in response to: paipel

You need to have one active anti-virus program running at all times. I use Windows Defender, which comes with Win10. When I had Win7, I ran Microsoft Security Essentials, also free, but you have to install it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201

But you might want to try something like Avast or AVG. Some reviews: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

And don't run two or more active anti-virus programs at the same time - they just slow down the machine, and bump into each other a lot. Choose just one.

There's no need to run a scan with a program like that - it's always checking every file you access.

Then run Malwarebytes manually once a week or so, just to make sure you haven't picked up any additional malware.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums