Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Matrix and MatrixSlide

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-May-2013 16:42 Last Post By: waltbros
waltbros

Open image in new window
Posted: 08-May-2013 23:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Earlyout,
I like to add the "Open Image In New Window" button for all my images and that works well with my images, but I would rather not have that button on my videos. Any way to accomplish that?
jGromit

Re: Open image in new window
Posted: 09-May-2013 01:25   in response to: waltbros in response to: waltbros

At present, the only way to do that is to override the settings for specific folders or objects (in this case, videos). So, let's say you choose the "Open image" button for the album, but you have all your videos in one folder within that album. You can choose "Edit" for that folder, open the "Matrix" tab on the lower right, "Click for Image or Folder settings," go to the "Buttons" tab, then in the "Open Image" box, check "Override for this image/folder," but don't check "Include 'open image new window' button." That will exclude the button for everything in this folder. It also ripples down to that folder's subfolders, unless you override it again at the subfolder level.

You can do the same thing for each individual video, it they're not all together in a folder.

That's fine if your videos are all in one folder, or if you have just a handful of them throughout the album, but it could be laborious if you have a lot. I'll put it on the list of enhancements for next time - excluding videos seems like a natural thing to want to do, and it wouldn't be hard to provide a user option to exclude all of them automatically (the skin already gives you that kind of option for the "Download" icon - it's the same logic).
jGromit

Posted: 09-May-2013 04:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Upon reflection, it occurs to me that an "open in new window" button makes sense only for an image. For a video, or for an image that links to a hosted video (like YouTube) or to an external website, the option is sort of meaningless.

That leads me to think that the simplest solution is just to ignore the "open in new window" option for any album object other than regular still images. That's what I do for the "print button" option now, for the same reason.

Does that sound right to you?
waltbros

Posted: 09-May-2013 05:01   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

EarlyOut wrote:
That leads me to think that the simplest solution is just to ignore the "open in new window" option for any album object other than regular still images. That's what I do for the "print button" option now, for the same reason.

Does that sound right to you?

Yes, that sounds right to me.
waltbros

Posted: 09-May-2013 05:41   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

EarlyOut wrote:
At present, the only way to do that is to override the settings for specific folders or objects (in this case, videos). So, let's say you choose the "Open image" button for the album, but you have all your videos in one folder within that album. You can choose "Edit" for that folder, open the "Matrix" tab on the lower right, "Click for Image or Folder settings," go to the "Buttons" tab, then in the "Open Image" box, check "Override for this image/folder," but don't check "Include 'open image new window' button." That will exclude the button for everything in this folder. It also ripples down to that folder's subfolders, unless you override it again at the subfolder level.
Ok, that works good. Just a little time consuming at first.
jGromit

Posted: 09-May-2013 09:36   in response to: waltbros in response to: waltbros

Swap out this file for the one in the current version of the skin, in the "includes" subdirectory of the skin directory. It should take care of it, with no manual intervention needed (no item-by-item overriding).
waltbros

Posted: 09-May-2013 16:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

EarlyOut wrote:
Swap out this file for the one in the current version of the skin, in the "includes" subdirectory of the skin directory. It should take care of it, with no manual intervention needed (no item-by-item overriding).
Works great! Thank you. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums