This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Apr-2013 20:01 Last Post By: Berenique Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Berenique

Request for recompilation for Java 1.5
Posted: 09-Apr-2013 13:54

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

Can you please recompile SimpleViewer for Java 1.5. I'm on a Mac that only has access to Java 1.5. David told me one simply adds these compiler flags: -source=1.5 -target=1.5.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ania
monkeyboy

Re: Request for recompilation for Java 1.5
Posted: 09-Apr-2013 14:58   in response to: Berenique in response to: Berenique
Helpful
Sorry, it's not that simple (or possible). SimpleViewer actually requires Java 6.
There were several methods and classes that were introduced in Java 6 which made life much easier when coding the skin. If I remember correctly, there were at least thee or four separate areas where the code could be greatly simplified by using Java 6 so I took the decision to use the new methods and classes available and for the skin to require Java 6 back in November 2011.
The last version of the skin which will work under Java 5 is v5.12.1 (15 releases ago) and it can be downloaded from the skin's download page here. (Click the 'Show all' button and scroll down.)
Berenique

Re: Request for recompilation for Java 1.5
Posted: 10-Apr-2013 20:01   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Thank you very much for your answer.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums