This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 - Pages: 1 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Zooey

Paypal problem
Posted: 22-Mar-2013 16:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've really tried with this one, but it is the last remaining problem and I simply don't understand. I built a web site for a lady who raises funds for homeless animals abroad. Part of the site allows people to sponsor a cat or dog for however many months they choose. We tested it today - both on the phone, while I sponsored and she told me what she could see at her end. The sponsorship works in that I could choose a cat, the name and image showed up in the cart and then I went to Paypal. I noted the timestamp, but there was no cat name. After I paid, she got the e-mail saying she had received £10 for sponsorship, but she doesn't know which cat.

She is geniune with this in that "sponsored" banners go on and off in real time and the images change as the animals are homed, or are otherwise unavailable for sponsoring. I thought this software was designed to sell prints or digital images, so I don't really understand why the image/cat name isn't appearing within the e-mail.

I have searched this forum and found a very old post where it seems to suggest you look in the res/shopping cart folder for a file that has the details. If that really is the case, does anyone have any ideas to resolve my problem? The other lady isn't good with computers and is far too busy with her rescue work to remember to forward certain e-mails to me so I can amend the web images. She needs the money and the Paypal notification. I need a copy of the e-mail to keep the web site up to date.

The site is here by the way http://www.worldanimals.co.uk/index.html and I'm talking about the Sponsor Me! page. Thanks in advance for any advice :-)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums