This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 18 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 08-Sep-2016 18:19 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
esafarikova

Widgets in Base skin
Posted: 09-Mar-2013 19:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I would like to use widgets (counter, comments and share) under my photos, but it doesn´t work. Do I need Premium account (my trial expired) to have possibility to use it and also at the same time do I have to publish my album on jalbum.net? My album works on test.safarikovi.org now, but without widgets.

Thanks, Eva.
jGromit

Re: Widgets in Base skin
Posted: 09-Mar-2013 19:11   in response to: esafarikova in response to: esafarikova

esafarikova

Posted: 11-Mar-2013 13:54   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for response... So you say when I list my album on jalbum.net (I need to purchase Premium account first) widgets will work. Ok, fine, I have another question... my album is not a type of album which is once created and published. I want to update it. It's some kind of photogallery... when I take nice photo of for example snake I will want to add it into an existing directory. Then I have to create and publish my album again. In this case, will the counter start with zero and comments will be empty? Will the previous records of counter and comments be lost?
jGromit

Posted: 11-Mar-2013 14:00   in response to: esafarikova in response to: esafarikova

esafarikova wrote:
So you say when I list my album on jalbum.net (I need to purchase Premium account first) widgets will work.

You can host your album on your own web host. You don't have to purchase hosting space on jalbum.net if you don't want to host your albums here. You can list albums on your profile page here, even if they're hosted somewhere else, and even if you don't have a hosting account here. The instructions in the thread I linked to include information about how to add an external album (one on your own web host) to your profile page.

Will the previous records of counter and comments be lost?

The record of visit count and comments is tied to the URL. If you don't change the URL of the album, you can update the album as often as you like, and nothing will be lost.
esafarikova

Posted: 11-Mar-2013 21:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I did everything described in the thread link you sent. My album is now listed on jalbum.net. The widget panel is now visible at the top of the page but only in case I open the album from http://esafarikova.jalbum.net/ account. This is what I don't want... I want to use external host and widgets should be visible also here. Is it possible?
jGromit

Posted: 11-Mar-2013 21:22   in response to: esafarikova in response to: esafarikova

The widget code is not present in the album at http://test.safarikovi.org/. There are also some HTML syntax errors in the album, which makes my suspect that you have tried to edit the skin's template files, and have introduced errors. There are even some jAlbum scripting tags present on the page (like <ja:/if>), which should never appear there.

Reinstall the Base skin. Then make sure that under Album > Settings > Advanced > Metadata, you have checked "Include jAlbum widget support."
esafarikova

Posted: 11-Mar-2013 21:43   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I created my own skin based on Base Pure skin and edited these files... ok, I'll try to re-create my new skin and not introduce errors. Anyway, thanks for help so far.
esafarikova

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 09:45   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I tried to re-work it, but still it doesn't show the widget. I set the autoWidgetInjection=true in skin.properties... then it displays jalbumwidgetcontainer code in source files but this also allows the promotion to pop-up (this is waht I don't want in my album). Is the problem somewhere here or should I change something else? May I send you editable skin files to have a look?
jGromit

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 13:00   in response to: esafarikova in response to: esafarikova
Helpful
esafarikova wrote:
I set the autoWidgetInjection=true in skin.properties... then it displays jalbumwidgetcontainer code in source files but this also allows the promotion to pop-up (this is waht I don't want in my album).

You can't have it both ways. If you want widgets, but you refuse to purchase a license, you will see ads. If you get rid of the widget code, then no ads, but no widgets, either. Buy a license.

(You don't need to purchase hosting space on jalbum.net - just purchase a standard license for a one-time fee.)
esafarikova

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 13:57   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks, I supposed this. I was still asking because I was unable to see the widget container even if I created my album again with "autoWidgetInjection=true"... Now I listed it newly on jalbum.net and everything is working, so I can see how it looks. Is it possible to change the skin of this container? i.e. change black color to white when the background is white as well?
jGromit

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 14:32   in response to: esafarikova in response to: esafarikova
Helpful
You can switch the widget bar to "white" by adding a little code chunk to the skin's index.htt:

http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=225105&#225105
jGromit

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 14:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

And a more general discussion of the widget bar options:

http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=34648
esafarikova

Posted: 12-Mar-2013 20:52   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for all
adcracker

Posted: 08-Sep-2016 01:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I've tried all of your recommendations, but have had no luck getting the SHARE widget to work. Any advice will earn your 33 prayers at Tin Hau Temple in Hong Kong.

http://www.adcracker.com/store/album/Creative_set_album.htm
jGromit

Posted: 08-Sep-2016 02:07   in response to: adcracker in response to: adcracker

Attachment ss002040.png (88.2 KB)
It's working for me - I see the widget bar, with only the "Share" icon.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums