This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Feb-2013 05:03 Last Post By: couvaras Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
couvaras

Auto Play will not publish in specific album
Posted: 03-Feb-2013 04:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Using the Pro Version
Have a large album with following commands in Pro Options
autoPlayOnLoad=TRUE
showAutoPlayButton=TRUE
showAutoPlayStatus

When do a local preview, auto play works fine, but after publishing it does not.

Have made a small new album and it works - both local and on publish, so issue is with this specific album - have tried for 2 days and now at a loss what to do other than scrap it and start again. It is a 450MB published size so that is last resort.

Can also report that for some reason I had the 50 photo restriction per folder - but could still use the Pro Option section of the skin??? . Had to re-install Pro version and 50 photo limit was lifted, but still have the publishing issue.

Any ideas anyone please...
monkeyboy

Re: Auto Play will not publish in specific album
Posted: 03-Feb-2013 09:23   in response to: couvaras in response to: couvaras

When do a local preview, auto play works fine, but after publishing it does not.
If a gallery works OK locally, then it should also work fine online.
Can also report that for some reason I had the 50 photo restriction per folder
The only reason that a SimpleViewer gallery would have the 50-image limit would be if the gallery used the SimpleViewer-Standard files rather than the SimpleViewer-Pro files. You can check whether your gallery is Standard or Pro by checking for the SimpleViewer badge/link at the bottom right corner of the gallery. This SimpleViewer branding is present only in Standard galleries.
- but could still use the Pro Option section of the skin???
You will always be able to enter Pro configuration options into the 'Pro Options' text area of the skin's settings but these options will be ignored unless your gallery uses SimpleViewer-Pro.
Make sure that, when upgrading the skin (by following the instructions here), you use the Pro 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download package.
but still have the publishing issue.
Try clearing your browser's cache to make sure that your browser is not hanging onto and using older versions of your gallery files.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to the gallery which does not function as expected so that I can take a look and help further.
couvaras

Posted: 04-Feb-2013 01:58   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Thank you very much for your reply.
Url to view is http://tinyurl.com/bhtmrej

Have also added 2 images (as per below) that show the local Preview looking fine, but after a publish, it does not seem to hold the options for the Pro version.
Local PC view pics:
Picture 1 http://tinyurl.com/ac8fk64 - shows main album with no Simpleviewer logo at bottom right
Picture 2 http://tinyurl.com/b82a2vb - show album folder with picture # 53 displaying

Online - at url above, there is logo in bottom right of screen and and can only see 50 pics in folder Hanoi - City Tour

Very puzzled - appears that something changes when it is published.
I am sure you may need more info. Please let me know.
Thanks
monkeyboy

Posted: 04-Feb-2013 02:29   in response to: couvaras in response to: couvaras

Thank you for providing the URL to your web page.
Your album uses SimpleViewer-Standard (as can be seen by the presense of the SimpleViewer badge/logo in the bottom right corner of your galleries) and, thus, the Pro Options are simply being ignored and the 50-image limit per gallery is in place.

Swap the Standard 'svcore' folder currently located in your 'J&NTravels/Vietnam 2010/res/simpleviewer/' directory with the 'svcore' folder from your SimpleViewer-Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_231/web/svcore/').

Perhaps when uploading a revised version of your gallery (with the Pro 'svcore' folder), your FTP program was instructed not to overwrite existing files and so the Standard 'svcore' folder was not overwritten with the 'Pro' version.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not your Standard 'svcore' folder is being overwritten, try deleting it from your web server first before uploading the Pro version in its place.
couvaras

Posted: 04-Feb-2013 05:03   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

I had another published album that works fine so took a change to delete this svcore folder and replace it with the svcore folder that works. All files, sizes and dates looked the same.
Anyway...it now works!
Tonight when I get home I will re-publish and go from there
Will watch this tip in future.
Thank you so much.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums