This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Nov-2012 17:51 Last Post By: Zooey Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Zooey

Remaining web site problems
Posted: 17-Nov-2012 16:25

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I think we've gone as far as possible with my new web site, but there are three remaining problems that we can't seem to resolve. We've looked through the user guide and searched repeatedly on this forum. I would be grateful if anyone could help.

The web site is here http://www.elements.uk.com/index.html

1 - There is actually an image with a quote underneath the slide show. It can be seen in the source code and yet we can't get it to display.

2 - The almost black footer that is visible on the gallery page doesn't appear on the home page. We think anything below the slide show on the home page has disappeared.

3 - We added more virtual galleries, but it seems to me that it's only the originals that work. So Landscapes, People and Street Photography work, some of those further down don't have tags yet, but I have 7 images tagged awards, but the virtual gallery isn't working.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
jGromit

Re: Remaining web site problems
Posted: 17-Nov-2012 17:25   in response to: Zooey in response to: Zooey
Helpful
Zooey wrote:
1 - There is actually an image with a quote underneath the slide show. It can be seen in the source code and yet we can't get it to display.

That's because you haven't properly closed your iframe tag:
<center>  <IFRAME SRC="http://www.elements.uk.com/Home Page/index.html" WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=367 FRAMEBORDER=0 /> </center>
Should be:
<center>  <IFRAME SRC="http://www.elements.uk.com/Home Page/index.html" WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=367 FRAMEBORDER=0>Your browser doesn't support frames</iframe> </center>
jGromit

Posted: 17-Nov-2012 17:30   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Some of your other problems might be related to the latest Flash release, which broke some FotoPlayer functionality. Have you applied the patches discussed in this thread?

http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=43310
Zooey

Posted: 17-Nov-2012 18:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

This forum is a bit confusing, but thank you for your replies. Yes... silly omission and the quote and footer are now showing. The virtual gallery problem remains and it is only buttons created by me over and above the original number. I can't remember exactly now, but I think you got eight or nine. I added more and although the buttons show, they don't seem to function. As I said, tags don't exist for some of the lower buttons yet, but there are some marked "awards". The search function (with the magnifying glass) finds seven images tagged awards...
jGromit

Posted: 17-Nov-2012 18:52   in response to: Zooey in response to: Zooey

I'm not a FotoPlayer user, so I can't help with the remaining problems. If no one replies here, you might want to contact the developer directly, on his own website.
Zooey

Posted: 18-Nov-2012 17:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Just to say that we hadn't got round to solving this, but I was struggling with a panorama last night and constantly uploading to the site. Panoramas was also a new virtual gallery, but that works and now Awards works as well. No idea what fixed it, but all is well now.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums