This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Aug-2012 19:14 Last Post By: theburketts Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
theburketts

Album is not visible from iPhone/iPad app
Posted: 05-Aug-2012 21:16

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have successfully been using the jAlbum app since it was first released. About a week ago I did a "typical" addition/update to my album and have not been able to view it on my iPhone/iPad since. I can see the album from the app and can click on one of the four folders I have (level 1). One folder is structured as a single level folder (should show the photos for that folder), the other three should show additional nested folders.

I can view all photos and subfolders from multiple browsers and I have not received any errors when updating my album. I have verified .rss files are in each directory. I even deleted my entire album from my server, recreated it using jAlbum, and re-uploaded it. I am simply at a loss as to why I can not make this work anymore.

I am currently using jAlbum 10.8 and Chameleon 4.6.7

Any guidance to save what is left of my mind would be greatly appreciated.
AnCa

Re: Album is not visible from iPhone/iPad app
Posted: 06-Aug-2012 18:21   in response to: theburketts in response to: theburketts

I have checked it and it was unfortunately due to a bug in the handling of spaces (or actually non ascii chars) in our code that was deployed about two weks ago on our servers that was causing this. So you have done nothing wrong. The only way you could have "fixed" it was to change your folders to one word names... Sorry...

But I have fixed the bug now, so your album is working again!

I hope you have something left of your mind now to enjoy your photos... :)
theburketts

Re: Album is not visible from iPhone/iPad app
Posted: 06-Aug-2012 19:14   in response to: theburketts in response to: theburketts

No worries, thanks for the prompt response!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums