This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Mar-2012 06:28 Last Post By: zargond Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
zargond

jAlbum licence
Posted: 29-Mar-2012 09:31

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Reposting here from general discussion. A jAlbum licence doesn't white label the ads when FotoPlayer is used. Is there a way around this?
dhina

Re: jAlbum licence
Posted: 30-Mar-2012 10:13   in response to: zargond in response to: zargond

I see response to your post in general discussion that summarizes the reason.
http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=41391&tstart=0
I remember replying to very similar query by email. i guess it was you?
Let me know if you still have any questions.
zargond

Posted: 30-Mar-2012 23:56   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina

Thanks for your replies. I'm not concerned about FP texts at the moment, it's the jAlbum ads I don't want. I think my question is about the future possibilty of greater compatibility between jAlbum licenced version and the FP skin.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 00:05   in response to: zargond in response to: zargond

Purchasing a jAlbum license should get rid of all jAlbum advertisements, regardless of whether you have a FotoPlayer license or not. However, your account is not indicating that you have purchased a license (there should be a little icon below your user avatar), so that needs to get straightened out - I'll post a reply to your post in the General DIscussion section of the forum, which should get some attention from the folks in Stockholm.
zargond

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 01:31   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thankyou EarlyOut. If/when footnote two here http://jalbum.net/en/purchase/license includes FotoPlayer, I'll buy the jAlbum license without hesitation.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 02:26   in response to: zargond in response to: zargond

zargond wrote:
Thankyou EarlyOut. If/when footnote two here http://jalbum.net/en/purchase/license includes FotoPlayer, I'll buy the jAlbum license without hesitation.

Sigh. That's never going to happen. FotoPlayer and jAlbum are two completely independent companies. They have no business relationship.

If you want the advertisements to go away on your albums, buy a jAlbum license. If you want FotoPlayer not to say "Trial Version," buy a FotoPlayer license.

There is no other answer. It doesn't matter how many times you ask.
zargond

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 05:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, I understand about FotoPlayer trial ads (I'll buy the license in due course), and that the companies are unrelated etc but did you read the jAlbum license footnote? Even buying a jAlbum license doesn't remove jAlbum ads when skinned with FP but does remove them with 16 other skins.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 06:13   in response to: zargond in response to: zargond

You're mis-reading that. Total "white labeling" means removing popup advertisements and also all "credit links." The credit links refer to what is usually a one-liner at the bottom of the page that says something like "Created with jAlbum, XYZ skin." For the listed skins, a jAlbum license allows you to remove that line. You'll notice that the listed skins are ALL skins produced by jAlbum itself, not those produced by any third parties.

For skins that aren't listed, removal of the credit links is unrelated to the jAlbum license. My own Matrix skin is a good example. There is a one-line credit link at the bottom of the top-level index page. But to remove it, you just uncheck a box in the skin's settings. My skin doesn't know anything about jAlbum licensing, and doesn't care.

Some skins may have a credits link that can't be removed, controlled by their own licensing. WIth most skins, it's just a checkbox or, at worst, a ten-second edit of the index.htt template file, to remove the links. FotoPlayer has a line at the bottom that says, "Powered by FotoPlayer." That can be removed if you have a FotoPlayer license. It has nothing to do with the jAlbum license.

For all skins, a jAlbum license removes all popup advertisements. Period.
zargond

Posted: 31-Mar-2012 06:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK thanks for the help - I think that jAlbum footnote could be clarified with a small expansion to prevent similar mis-readings. Here's a local tide pool shot from Apollo Bay, Australia.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums