This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Feb-2012 07:20 Last Post By: dhina Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
brougham

Package Issues (Duplicate images + category problems)
Posted: 18-Feb-2012 02:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Dhina!

Having a couple of issues with the packages again.

Basically I want to create a package where clients can order digital files for download / or on a DVD. The problem I'm running into is clients can add duplicates of the same digital image into the package, so they end up paying twice for the same digital file. This is a big problem for a wedding client who is selecting 200+ images and may get confused at to whether or not the item has been added to the cart. There is also no way to organize the files in the packages (for example alphabetically) so the client can review their package in a clear, concise matter and see if they missed anything, or have doubles of anything.

My second issue is with creating custom packages/categories.
I sell certain items such as thank you cards & albums. Clients can add these items to their shopping cart but I give each item a specific category, the same way I would for a Not for sale file (ie; NFS).
For example: For an 8x8 album I may use the category code "8x8". This means when the client adds the layout to their cart they can only add the layout as an album, and not as a mounted print or digital file. The problem I'm running into is that even though these categories are specified and clients are restricted to what they can order when they order a single item, they are not restricted in the packages and can technically add the album layouts as a "digital or print file" in the packages.

Not sure how to solve these issues.

-Kendra

Test album can be viewed below.
http://redivivus.ca/test/
dhina

Re: Package Issues (Duplicate images + category problems)
Posted: 20-Feb-2012 07:20   in response to: brougham in response to: brougham

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Feature already exists to warn if item already exists in the cart. But this is currently implemented only for indivisual item purchases but not in package. Packages usually allow multiple purchases of the same item but i agree not for digital. Will add to wishlist for future upgrades.

Currently it's not designed to set individual-sale only or package-only items. Possibly in the future version if there is an enough demand.

Thanks for your feedback.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums