This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Jan-2012 02:26 Last Post By: jswift Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jswift

Allow ' character in filenames
Posted: 24-Jan-2012 18:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi, Dhina.

I added the character ' to the list of allowed special characters, but I still get a lot of illegal character messages in the system console after making the album. I have about 20 filenames that include the character ' in the filename. I could edit out these characters but wanted to find a quicker solution.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

Jim
monkeyboy

Re: Allow ' character in filenames
Posted: 24-Jan-2012 22:57   in response to: jswift in response to: jswift

Try selecting the 'Disable Char filtering' checkbox in the skin's 'Options -> Settings' tab.
jswift

Posted: 25-Jan-2012 01:22   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

I was reluctant to try that option because of unexpected possibilities. I was wondering why including ' in the list of allowed special chars did not work.

Jim
jGromit

Posted: 25-Jan-2012 01:57   in response to: jswift in response to: jswift

According to the FotoPlayer users guide, the "allowed special characters" applies only to EXIF, IPTC, and Title characters, not to file names.

File names with special characters in them are usually guaranteed to produce trouble. Instead of trying to get the skin to accept them, I'd rename the files.
jswift

Posted: 25-Jan-2012 02:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yep,
I came to the same conclusion after posting the previous message. It only took about 10 mins to find and rename all the files.

Thanks

Jim
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums