Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » FotoPlayer

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 - Pages: 1 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mattGoBlue

STMP problems
Posted: 15-Jan-2012 20:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I can't seem to get theprogram to send the order to my e-mail address.I either get an "SMTP" error message or a messege stating "your order has been completed" but nothing in my mail box.
I have presented the problem to my hosting service's suppot team their response is below:

Bravenet Web Services Support Tim - Support Manager January 13, 2012 14:24:37
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the program. I tried downloading and installing it but it appears that I need to buy a license to activate those features as I couldn't see any spot to enter mail server information. Without being able to properly troubleshoot it on my end it's going to be very difficult for me to reproduce and fix any issues.

Can you please try those same mail server settings in an email client like Microsoft Outlook and let me know if they don't work there either? If they do, then you should contact the software developer for assistance as they should be able to help you get that part up and running (if the email account works elsewhere).

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience!

January 13, 2012 13:29:44
There is no "from", I'm trying to set up the ordering section in a photographic album making software program called JAlbum. There is a tab in the "album settings" section for configuring the emai to send the order to me the dialog box only contains the following:
Use mail 0 useSMTP email
STMP settings (if using SMTP)
Host: port:
user: password:
word rap:
STMP Authentication secure(SSL) use pear
If your server requires POP before SMTP
enable POP before STMP
POP3 URL: port: 30
POP3 user: password:

The program makes use of various skins so if you are familliar with it you should know that the skin I'm using is FotoPlayer v4.1 I'm not sure if the other skins have the same dialog box.

No, It does not show up in http://webmail.bravehost.com, but all my webmaster@gobigblu.com shows up shows up.
photography@gobigblu.com is the email I set up for my photography business, that's the one I want to use with the program if at all possible

Bravenet Web Services Support Tim - Support Manager January 13, 2012 10:25:28
What is the 'from' email address of the sent item that didn't come through? Do they show up in https://webmail.bravehost.com?

January 13, 2012 08:29:14
I made all the changes as per your suggestions (changed port to 587) and tried a test album e-mail order. the order was confirmed by Jalbum but does not show up in my photography@gobigblu.com mailbox

Bravenet Web Services Support Tim - Support Manager January 11, 2012 09:56:37
Yes, you need to configure POP3 as well.

pop3 user:photography@gobigblu.com
password: (your password for that e-mailaddress)

Everything else looks correct. If you have problems sending mail, try changing the port from 25 to 587.

Let me know how it goes.

January 11, 2012 06:46:05
That was the answer, thank you very much. I'm about to set up the e-mail section now Is this correct:
Host: mail.gobigblu.com
Port: 25
user:photography@gobigblu.com
password: (my password for that e-mailaddress)
word rap: 200
SMTP authentication box ticked

Does my sever require POP3 before SMTP
if so is this correct?
pop3 url: pop3.gobigblu.com
pop3 user: (what should I enter here?)
pop3 password: (what should I enter here?)

here is a test url http://gobigblu.com/flashe%20vs.%hamilton%20east/index.html

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums