This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Oct-2016 16:24 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
franc

Pictures called "User comments"
Posted: 09-Jan-2012 01:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

I just made an album with jAlbum 10.3.1 and Chameleon 4.6.6
I had a lot of picutues (about 150) and didn't want to give each one a title, so I have the option (in preview and pictures tab of chameleon settings) "use label if there is no comment". See my attachment.

But, I don't know how, many, nearly all of the images have a title now, the are called "User comment", which I really didn't write for sure.
When I look in the album folder into the album.rss I can read all those "User comment" - comments, but it doesn't help if I delete the album and recreate it new.
I don't know where it comes from, is there a way to get rid of it?
I want to have the filenames as title, like in the setting.
Maybe it is a bug?

Kind regards, franc
jGromit

Re: Pictures called "User comments"
Posted: 09-Jan-2012 01:19   in response to: franc in response to: franc

If you open one of the images for editing (hover on the thumbnail in the main jAlbum editing window, and choose "Edit"), does "User comment" show up either as the Caption/Comment (beneath the image), or in the Title field (lower right)? If so, jAlbum is probably picking up something like the IPTC Object Name or IPTC Headline from the image files.

Also, take a look at Album > Settings > Advanced > User Variables. Make sure there's nothing there at all.
franc

Posted: 09-Jan-2012 01:57   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you.
I found it now, it was the EXIF Tag. All pictures with this "User comments"-comment had been taken from a Samsung Galaxy S2 where it is put automatically the EXIF Tag <UserComment> as "User comments".
JAlbum is taking it over, because of the album-setting:

Erweitert / Meta-Daten / Kommentarquellen / EXIF User

See attached Screenshot.
This was my fault then, like mostly :)
jGromit

Posted: 09-Jan-2012 02:19   in response to: franc in response to: franc
Helpful
Most users want only the comments they have entered within jAlbum. Check only "Textdatei," and you'll be fine.
franc

Posted: 09-Jan-2012 02:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes, thank you.
There are so many, many settings in jAlbum that each time I have to struggle again through all of it.
But much better this way it is much more productive.

2016-10-24 (years later): again I had the same problem with JAlbum 10.5.2 on Mac OS 10.11.6, didnt think about this solution for a long time (when I edited the album.rss file and some html files in vain. With that setting it is done in one click :)
RobM

Posted: 25-Oct-2016 16:24   in response to: franc in response to: franc

Much has changed within jAlbum since versions 10 & 11 and there is more documentation available now. The latest version of jAlbum has context sensitive help, so help is quick and easy to get. Even if you don't update the help information on the basic settings and preferences are is still relevent.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums