This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19-Jun-2015 03:57 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ChrisRodgers

bread crumb repeats album name - first is invalid
Posted: 08-Jan-2012 12:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
BluPlusPlus with jAlbum 10.3.1

I noticed that the breadcrumb in the top of the album shows my {album name} twice. For example, when I am at the index of photos in a subdir, the breadcrumb looks like this:

{album name} >> {album name} >> {dir name} >> {subdir name} (999 slides)

Clicking on {subdir name} or {dir name} function as expected.

Clicking on the second {album name} links to the beginning of the album, as expected:
.../My Albums/{album name}/album/index.html

Clicking on the first {album name} attempts to open an index.html one directory higher - but that is not within the "album" tree:
.../My Albums/{album name}/index.html

Do I have a setting set incorrectly? Or is this because when the intermediate directory "album" was introduced, bpp was not changed to accommodate the "album" directory that everything falls under?

Curiously, would I have better luck with bpp if I dropped down to an 8.x version of jAlbum?
jGromit

Re: bread crumb repeats album name - first is invalid
Posted: 08-Jan-2012 14:41   in response to: ChrisRodgers in response to: ChrisRodgers

Did the breadcrumb trail work properly with an older version of jAlbum?
ChrisRodgers

Posted: 13-Jan-2012 19:44   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

"back in the day" I do not recall this as an issue. And I would have tested all links on the pages I was producing... I might install an polder version of jAlbum to see. Maybe this is something coming from the skin where it is not happy with the current folder structure....

Edited by: ChrisRodgers on 13-Jan-2012 19:44
jGromit

Posted: 13-Jan-2012 21:21   in response to: ChrisRodgers in response to: ChrisRodgers

I don't think it's a folder structure problem - I'm seeing the problem with a very simple album project (a variant of it, at least - the first breadcrumb link is pointing to a non-existent index.html one level above the album). But tracking down where it's coming from is not easy.
ctwist

Posted: 19-Jun-2015 03:57   in response to: ChrisRodgers in response to: ChrisRodgers

This is fixed in version 4.5.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums