Home » jAlbum forums » Supporting applications

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Jan-2012 02:51 Last Post By: jGromit
mrag

Can you be smarter than David?
Posted: 08-Jan-2012 00:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Here seems to be a chance. Learn how to code
and you'll be building apps and web sites before you know it.
The Mayor of NYC is giving it a go, maybe you should too. And it is free at Code Year
http://codeyear.com/

Starts January 9 and you only need a simple email address to enroll. You should get an email each week. I am so looking forward to pointing out some coding errors EarlyOut makes.

And I have nothing to do with Code Year, I am not a compensated or even uncompensated spokesperson. Simply one trying to expand on an already expanded mind ;-)
RobM

Re: Can you be smarter than David?
Posted: 08-Jan-2012 01:36   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

Apps and websites? I can't see any specifics on what type of coding they are going to be covering. Let us know what the first lesson is and if they publish more details.
mrag

Posted: 10-Jan-2012 02:45   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I am in the middle of my first email lesson. I am a terrible student. Actually, I was probably always a troublesome student, but now it is worse. So far the lesson does seem to be a beginner's lesson. Hey, it's free, want to agitate your brain....?

Clipped from first lesson:
Fun fact: the language you're learning is called JavaScript, the dominant programming language of the Web. Let's learn one way to create interactive content in JavaScript. Click the console to the right and hit enter on your keyboard to get started.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Jan-2012 02:51   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

Well, if you're going to write the next great skin, and you don't want to wade into Apple-unfriendly Flash, Javascript is the thing you'll need to know!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums